By the Black Lake

Edited on - 24 August, 2024

-------------------------------------------

Ginny's POV

Seriously how can someone get tired so easily? It had just been 45 minutes and here was Ron, tired of monitoring people to complete the obstacles.

"Ah Ginny, you are here!" Ron exclaimed happily as I went to the Quidditch Pitch.

"Get on with your brake lazy head." I said irritated, can't I spend some quality time with Harry?

After all I saw in that maze - I just needed him.

I saw kids competing, while my brain wandered back to Harry, what I saw and what he said in reality.

As the line to play ceased, I heard him -

"This is for the most beautiful lady I have ever laid my eyes upon, Ginevra Weasley, will you mind coming to the Black Lake?"

What did this idiot have on his mind now?

"Well that's a call for me, the game is dismissed." I said and made my way towards the stage, as fast as I could. People were gathering around the lake, wanting to see what was going to happen.

I made my way towards Harry, standing in the middle of the whole fair. His eyes glinted as he saw me and his grin widened.

As I went near him, he helped me up the stage - there was no need really - and then spoke.

"Gin, remember that day when we first met? That 'Mum, I want to meet "Harry Potter!"' ? And then when I came to your house for the first time, your reaction was unforgettable. That blush you got every time you saw me and that quirky shy girl with butter fingers."

What was he on about? This can't be what I am thinking...

"I entered the Chamber of Secrets all those years ago to save my best friend's sister but when I saw you - on the cold stone floor - so.... lifeless, that feeling changed. I was no longer there to save Ron's sister but you."

"Then in those three years...you changed...you became yourself and not that fangirl. In my sixth year, I had a very massive crush on you and then those few months, in which I was your boyfriend were the best of my year."

"And then, due to that stupid Tom, I had to break up with you, just to keep you safe. I realised how oblivious I was. It was the most painful thing I had ever done. I admit, to stalk you on the Marauders Map and being relieved when I came to know that you were escorted to safety."

"The war ended and we reunited. You don't know how happy I was when I was declared your soulmate. You are my reason to live, the last thought of my life, and putting it short, just because I want to kiss you, you are my everything. You bring happiness to my life, the only person I tell my feelings to. You are my soulmate, the love of my life and the reason why I am not evil."

He bent on one knee and took out a velvety red box and opened it to reveal the most beautiful ring I have ever seen. Diamonds and Rubies had adorned it and in the middle of it was a flower made out of precious crystals. He was really proposing to me!!

Click

Someone had taken a pic.

"I never want to let go of those long nights we spend talking. I love you more than there are gaellons, sickles and knuts in Gringrotts, you are the most precious thing to me."

"Will you, Ginevra Molly Weasley, accept this stupid noble prat as your husband and make me the luckiest man on earth by marrying me?"

This can't be happening, is it real?

Do I really want to marry Harry?

Hell Ya!

I love that prat to a sickening level.

How can someone be so adorable, cheesy and awesome?

Well I also don't want to leave you but do I want to be married at a young age?

Well it's Harry who is proposing to you Ginevra!

But what about the promise I made to myself that I will only say yes to someone when I was settled?

Promises can be broken.

Do I really want to do this?

Yes! Yes! Yes! A million times yes!

Harry's POV

I did it, I proposed to Gin, but will she say yes? What if she isn't ready?

I wanted to run, and hide, away from everything and everyone, but I was frozen in time, my legs didn't cooperate.

I had not even followed the speech me and Hermione had written, I just poured my heart out. Did I say too much?

Author's POV
(Yes even I am here, you can call it a third person but still...)

The wind had stopped blowing at Hogwarts as everyone waited for Ginny's answer. It seemed that the merepeople, deep in the lake were intently listening and were awaiting the answer. Even the forest and the creatures inside were waiting, it seemed like time had been frozen.

After what seemed hours but were a few seconds Ginny spoke again.

"Yes! Yes! Yes! A million times yes!"

Harry grinned and slipped the ring into her finger and then kissed her.

Cheers, wolf-whistles and gigglings broke out in the grounds - claps and whistles and what went unnoticed by everyone was that there were many other sounds that had occurred while they were cheering.

Click

Crack
Kreacher, Flower, Rascal and Tipsy were here.

A scream
It came from Romilda.

Sound of shattering glass.

Romilda was crying, Dean was holding a shattered bottle of Butterbeer and the four house elves were clapping enthusiastically while someone was continuously taking pictures.

"You will regret it, Weasley." Romilda called out as the crowd silenced and they slowly broke the kiss.

"We'll see" Ginny called back.

★.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.★

So...Harry finally proposed!!

Did you like the speech?

And yes, I changed the description of the ring.

Did you like the chapter?

If you liked the chapter then please vote. It means a lot to me.

And please please please comment.

Byeeeee :j

»HP_Always«