The Letter

As the trio and Ginny came back to their common room, they were met with a letter addressed to Harry.

Dear Harry,

Sorry for being the worst aunt ever.

In this year in hiding, when you were fighting, Volecor, I just realised how much of a hero you really are. That Hestia brought terrible new everyday.

You could have died!

Harry got a mini heart attack reading that, his aunt, caring for him? Impossible.

I already failed at being an aunt!

I had already failed as a sister, when you came that day - I had a hope that maybe Lily would forgive me in afterlife if I took you in. You were in my protection, I am your mother's blood, That Volecor couldn't reach you until you were under the same roof as me.

I loved Lily, but I made a terrible mistake. And I made more mistakes by not caring for you. I was your only family and I failed to give you a childhood.

I called my sister a freak, because I was jealous. I too wanted to go to Hogwarts. That night, when you were leaving the house after the attack on you and Dudley, I got the letter from Dumbledore.

Every year I gave Lily hell during summers, I called her a freak on her wedding day, not only freak, I called her many things. Then you came, and brought the news of my Little sisters death. I was devastated. My Lily, my dear sister was murdered! She sacrificed herself for you, and I failed.

You will not remember, ofcourse, but before you started showing the signs that you too, inherited her magic, I cared for you like Dudley, much to Vernon's displeasure. But then Jealousy took over me yet again, and I failed.

I am terribly sorry.

Something unexpected happened when we returned to Private Drive, Dudley - he started dating a witch. I would never make those mistakes again - the ones I did. I would never call Cho Chang a freak. Never. I am sorry.

I failed as a sister, as an aunt and as a guardian.

Dudley too is sorry, but Vernon hasn't changed a bit, hope he does.

I wish you had a better childhood.

I remorse Harry, I remorse.

I know I am asking for a lot, but if you forgive me, please grant me a visit.

You were right, Volecor came after us, the house was half destroyed, but your ministry helped us repair.

If you forgive and be able to spare us some time, please visit us on this upcoming Saturday at 4:30 pm.

Cho had visited you I believe, she said she would. She told me you had a very nice girlfriend, I would be blessed to hospitalise you and her.

Your failed aunt,
Petunia.

P.S: I am using Cho's owl, if you wonder.”

The paper was streaked with tears and Aunt Petunia's ever perfect handwriting was shaky.

"I think she is under a curse." Harry said looking at his friends.

"She could have been really sorry." Ginny said.

"I don't know love, maybe."

"Are you going to forgive her?" Ron asked siriusly.

"I don't know mate, I think everyone should given a second chance - if they remorse."

"You sound like Dumbledore." Hermione said.

"What was that - yeah - Dumbledore's man through and through." Ron said laughing a bit.

"Wasn't that said by Scimgeour?" Hermione asked.

"You two have been spying on me I should say." Harry said.

What are you three talking about? Ginny thought.

Nothing important hon, just remembering old days, I will explain later.

"So Harry, if your are going to go, you have a lot to do this week, meeting with Kingsley, DADA and Potions homework, Cooking test, and meeting with the Dursleys." Hermione said counting on her fingers.

"You forgot to add your forced revisions." Harry said, biting back a laugh as he saw her reaction.

"Well, I have heard that we would have to give different exams, for cooking and all that." Ginny said as she remembered it.

"You got to be Joking!!" Hermione said, she sucked at cooking.

★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★

Sorry for late updates, busy schedule.

I will go regular as summer vacations are arriving. We get a month of them, the whole May.

Sorry for a short chapter.

Do you think Petunia should be forgiven or Harry is just being Dumbledore's man?

Do comment and vote if you liked the chapter.

A big shout out to Potterheadgirl_1223 for keeping me motivated behind the screen (she is my Potter bestie) and to cassielikesreading for your continuous flow of comments, I really like reading them.

I am also missing my other active readers whose comments I haven't seen in a while: Potter-girl-2010 and Kahsudhve.

If you are a silent reader, I appreciate that you are reading this.

Thank You to all my readers.

Ok, enough of the emotional stuff, I guess I will call it a chapter, Byeeeeeeee

»HP_Always«