Sweet Recovery

Ginny woke up the next day as sunlight flitted though the high windows of the hospital wing.

She turned around to find Harry sitting in the chair he had occupied last night, reading a book.

"Good Morning, sunshine." He said.

"Good morning." She said sitting up. "You didn't go back?"

"No?" He said. "Is it so much of a surprise?"

Ginny shook her head smiling, "I love you."

He smiled, "I love you too."

She looked around at the small pile of chocolates from her friends at her bedside table. Smiling, she picked up the one on the top.

"That one is from Neville and Hannah, dropped in a few minutes ago, apologized for not coming earlier." Harry said. "Told them it didn't matter, you were sleeping all the time."

She unwrapped it and took a bite. "This is a bit senseless, don't you think? I mean a person with a cough should not eat chocolates in general."

"Are you complaining, Ginny?" Harry asked, raising an eyebrow.

"No!" She said. "Absolutely no!"

Harry smiled, returning back to his book.

"I was wondering..." Ginny mumbled with her mouth full of chocolate a while later, "Wha thime is it?"

"11:30 a.m, why?" Harry answered.

She gulped the chocolate. "We missed breakfast, Harry!"

Harry shook his head, "What do you want to eat for breakfast, dear?"

"Avocado toast!" Ginny said after a minute of pondering.

"Fine." Harry said. "Kreacher would prepare it."

A few minutes later, Madam Pomfrey who had ventured somewhere returned back to the wing.

"Ms.Weasley!" She said. "You are awake." She turned to Harry. "And for how long is she awake, now, Mr.Potter?"

Harry grinned sheepishly "For maybe 15 minutes or so?"

"And then, why didn't you ring the bell to call me?" She nodded towards a small silver bell that Ginny noticed now.

"I forgot." Harry continued sheepishly.

A hint of a smile danced around Madam Pomfrey's face. She seemed unconvinced. "Forgot..." She trailed off, going to her office. She returned with some more pepper up potion and started fuzzing over  Ginny.

After she was done, and Ginny was free to go, they collected all of her chocolates and went back to the common room, bidding Madam Pomfrey goodbye.

As they walked back to their common room, Ginny leaned against Harry's shoulder and sighed. "I would have been brooding in bed if it was not for you."

"Hm?"

"You keep my spirits high, love." Ginny said smiling.

"You are the reason for my happiness, dear." Harry answered.

Ginny playfully swatted his arm, "Stop being so perfect, Potter!"

Harry grinned, turned around and kissed her sweetly, holding the bag of chocolates up, while his other hand held Ginny.

He parted away quickly though. "Not more than you." He said.

Ginny grinned brilliantly at him as they climbed up to their common room.

No one passing by seemed to care how they climbed up the stairs, Ginny casually leaning against Harry's arm while he holds her intertwined arm firmly. It was just Harry and Ginny behaviour.

As they reached the common room, they were greeted by Ron and Hermione.

"How are you feeling, Ginny?" asked Hermione.

"That was really stupid of you, you know..." said Ron.

Ginny rolled her eyes, "I am fine, Hermione, thank you." she said pointedly to Ron.

Harry shrugged, "What can I do now, Ron? I am surrounded by idiots."