1.

"Are you sleeping with him?" Drew asked his wife who was just now coming into the house late at night. She looked sad, like she is drained by something. Her clothes have a tear here and there but it got Drew's accusations convinced more and his heart just heart.

"Drew. " Karen said a little frightened.

"Sleeping with who honey?" Karen asked in her quiet raspy voice but which was even more raspy.

"The man you're seeing Karen, are you sleeping with him?" Drew asked.

"Drew I'm not seeing anyone." Karen said with her head down, she hated to do this to him. She hated that she had to lie, Drew was a good man and he didn't deserve her being dishonest to him.

"Then why did you change Kare? " Drew asked as if he was about to cry .

"I did-" Karen was cut by Drew

"You won't let me touch you, you don't let me know things that you would usually let me know and you're being all secrecy. " Drew said.

"Drew. " Karen said as tears started to fall down her face.

"Please talk to me, whatever it is I will listen. " Drew said .

"I'm just busy at church. " Karen said.

"Karen , I'm busy at church!!!!! " Drew said getting a little frustrated .

"I'm busy at church , but I am making time. You would make time also so why change now ? " Drew asked.

" I just want to sleep Drew I'm tired. " Karen said, you could see in her eyes that she was drained and tired but that wasn't what Drew wanted to hear.

"I'm asking you to talk to me." Drew said seriously.

Karen looked at her husband who was pleading with her, she didn't want to tell him the truth because she didn't know how he would take it.

"Uhm, honey a few church members have trouble with something really big and I can't tell you about it. Everytime I come home late or seem suspicious is because I don't know, we're finding some ways to solve it and help them but I don't know. And I can't tell you about it Drew please don't make me. " Karen said crying her eyes out now.

"Please don't make me baby." Karen said going to Drew and touching him for him to listen to her.

"I don't know Karen. " Drew said.

"Why won't you let me touch or kiss you then? It's been nearly 3 months since you started acting like this. " Drew said.

" I feel guilty I guess for not being honest with you, I never imagined me lying to you like this so I am really sorry. " Karen said crying .

"Okay , okay. " Drew said pulling Karen into a hug and the strangest thing happened where Karen just cried , she cried like she was grieving or being hurt , like she's been wanting to cry all this time.

"It hurts Drew. " Karen said crying some more in her husbands arms.

"What hurts baby?" Drew said concerned.

But Karen didn't answer him as she continued to cry and Drew held her tighter.

Drew managed to pick up his wife bridal style and take her to their bedroom he helped her take her shoes and jewellery off so she could get into bed. At this point Karen didn't care about feeling uncomfortable or what, she just wanted to sleep. It has been a long day and a lot has happened and she just wanted to forget about the day.

So Karen and Drew snuggled into each other and Karen fell asleep.

Drew did promise Karen that he wouldn't make her say anything but he couldn't help but wonder what was happening with his wife. He was worried and he wanted to help her , it almost killed him seeing her cry like that and he didn't even know why she was crying. Was he really better off not knowing?