Chapter 29

Although he knew it was impossible, Gu Xiao still went back to the apartment first, with a little hope in his heart. Maybe Yan Huai went back on his own and he was just overthinking it.

The car was parked downstairs, and Gu Xiao looked up at the floor where he lived, which was completely dark.

Gu Xiao went upstairs, entered the door, and turned on the light. The large room was deserted.

Yan Huai didn't come back.

Gu Xiao sat on the sofa with an empty head and called Yan Huai again. The phone was still turned off and there was no sound from the message.

He pinched his brows and experienced for the first time what powerlessness meant.

I don't know where Yan Huai is. He can't go back to the Yan family, and he's not in school, so where will he be.

The pillow next to it is what Yan Huai would hold in his arms when watching TV. Sometimes he would hold it in his arms and rest it on Gu Xiao's lap to watch TV and play games.

Playing games? Gu Xiao suddenly remembered that Yan Huai's good friend was named Li Chen.

Li Chen's university is right next door to Yanda, and Yan Huai is likely to go find him.

Gu Xiao took out his cell phone and called Cheng Zhao.

...

Yan Huai and Li Chen were playing games.

Yan Huai seemed to be in a bad mood. The assassin under the control of his fingers was flourishing, harvesting heads everywhere, and the opponent had almost no gaming experience.

They have won ten games in a row.

Just after finishing a game, Li Chen's phone rang. It was Li's mother calling.

Li Chen had already told his family in advance that he would not go back, so he didn't know what the reason was for calling him at this time.

There was nothing wrong with Li's mother calling him. After talking about what was available and what was not available, she asked where he was. Li Chen was confused and said he was in the dormitory.

Li's mother accidentally mentioned Yan Huai, saying that she hadn't seen him for a long time and missed him so much that she asked him to come to her house for dinner when she had time.

When he was in high school,

Li Chen didn't think much about it, "Mom, Yan Huai is in my dormitory. If you miss him, I'll ask him if he wants to start a video chat with you?"

Li's mother said on the phone, "No, no. Don't worry, I'm in your dormitory. There's nothing else. Mom hangs up first."

Li Chen answered the call inexplicably.

Yan Huai asked: "What's wrong?"

Li Chen shrugged, "My mother said she missed you and asked you to go home for dinner another day."

Yan Huai said: "Oh, okay, I'll find time to go another day. Auntie is a good cook. Eat."

...

Cheng Zhao immediately called Gu Xiao to report the situation, "Mr. Gu, Mr. Yan is in the dormitory of his classmate Mr. Li Chen."

Gu Xiao hung up. Fortunately, Yan Huai was not there. He was running around to find his classmates.

But in the dormitory, will they sleep on the same bed?

It was quite crowded for two people on the same bed. Gu Xiao was pacing around the living room irritably without Yan Huai. The sound on the TV made the apartment even more deserted.