Chapter 36

Three hours later, Yan Huai arrived at W City.

After leaving the high-speed rail station, he got into a taxi and reported the address given by the private detective. About half an hour later, the taxi took Yan Huai to his destination.

Yan Huai paid and got off the car.

In front of him was an old-looking community. It looked very old, and most of the people living there were elderly people. Yan Huai found the building number, went upstairs, stopped at a door, and knocked on the door.

This is one of the disadvantages of the old community. The sound insulation effect is poor. After Yan Huai knocked for a few minutes, the door next door opened and an old lady came out. She looked at him warily, "Who are you?"

Yan Huai turned around. : "Auntie, is that Chen Xi who lives next door? I have something to talk to him about."

The old lady saw that Yan Huai Zhang was good-looking, had a nice voice, and was very polite. The unhappiness she felt just now dissipated immediately, and she reminded him deliberately. , "The Chen Xi you are looking for, he went to work and came back in the evening."

Yan Huai: "Auntie, when

will he come back?" The old lady said, "He won't be back until about eight o'clock, young man, you If you want to find him, please come back at 8 o'clock."

Yan Huai: "Thank you, Auntie."

The old lady muttered as she closed the door, "There are so many people coming to see Lao Chen recently. What happened again... "

After going downstairs, Yan Huai was worried. He came to W City today and didn't tell Gu Xiao. He thought he could meet Chen Xi smoothly and thought he could go back today.

In order to hide it from Gu Xiao, he hugged Gu Xiao and kissed him several times when he got up in the morning. He told him that he had something to do today and would not be with him at home and would come back in the evening. Gu Xiao felt

happy that Yan Huai was so proactive when he got up early in the morning. But after Yan Huai's words came out, he froze holding Yan Huai. Yan Huai kissed his chin, "How about you, Brother Xiao?"

Gu Xiao knew that young people People have their own entertainment time. He shouldn't care so much. He can't tie people to him all day long.

Although he was a little reluctant, Gu Xiao still let him go.

As Yan Huai walked on the road, he was thinking about how to tell Gu Xiao that he would not go home at night. He must see Chen Xi today.

Why don't you tell him that it's too late to play with friends at night, and just spend the night at a friend's house? But he felt that Gu Xiao would definitely drive over directly to take him home.

rejected the idea.

How about singing all night long at the KTV with the people in the dormitory? This doesn't seem to work, Gu Xiao will definitely ask which KTV it is, and Gu Xiao will definitely not want him to stay up all night, and will definitely come and take him home halfway.

I thought of several reasons, but none of them worked in the end. Forget it, let’s tell the truth, but how should I say it?

...

On the other hand, Gu Xiao was in the study room of the apartment listening to Cheng Zhao's report on what he was going to investigate. Yan Huai was not there. Gu Xiao always felt that something was missing. The house was too quiet without him.

When Cheng Zhao came, he took a look, but Yan Huai was not there. When he came before, Yan Huai was sitting in the living room and would call him "Brother Cheng". Sometimes Yan Huai would lie on Gu Xiao's lap, and sometimes Leaning on his shoulder, Gu Xiao would feed him some fruit from time to time, and Yan Huai would just open his mouth and eat it.