CHAPTER 13

"So, what's your profession?"

My eyes fell on the daughter of Mr. Kim.
From the moment she stepped in, I knew she was here to give me a hard time. And a few minutes ago, Jungkook told me that Mr. Kim came up with a marriage proposal between her and him. Consequently, no wonder why she acts aggressively towards me. She's going to embarrass me, right? I don't have a profession and she must be already aware of it but..

"Taking care of me and this house. She has no time for other things when she takes care of me. After all, why does she need a profession? I provide her with everything here. She doesn't lack anything."

I looked at Jungkook. I didn't know how to express my gratitude towards him. At the same time, I didn't expect him to defend me like this. However, he did, which made me so happy. It doesn't matter how angry he gets when we are alone, but if he defends me like this in public, I would do anything for him. I would just die for him because no one had ever done this for me.

"That's... good. I just asked..."

Mr. Kim's daughter's face turned pale. A forceful smile appeared on her face as she looked at Jungkook and muttered. She deserved it. She was giving me her attitude. She even gave me a mocking smile when she first saw me. Arrogant woman. I'm glad I didn't become someone like her. If she ever got married to Jungkook, I don't know what her attitude would become. She would be even arrogant.

"What do you think, Mr. Kim? You still think your daughter is better for me than Tzuyu?" A hard question to make the situation worse. I couldn't help but look at the father and daughter who looked at each other's faces with the expression of speechless. I don't know what kind of answer he will give now. As I watched them, their eyes fell on me.

They better give a good answer without angering Jungkook. The daughter's sharp eyes stared into mine as if she was going to kill me right now if she could.

"It's like this, Mr. Jeon. I think my daughter is better for you since she has a better education. With her knowledge of the business industry, she can help you to achieve more. But since you don't want your wife to do any work; Mrs Jeon must be your choice" Is... is he insulting me for not doing anything? Of course, I would have studied harder and better if my parents allowed me. They were just simply raising me to become someone rich's wife. So all I could learn was to impress a man doing housework.

"What more do I have to achieve? And why would I need a woman's help to achieve anything?"

Jungkook's tone was completely moving for the Kim family. I sighed. I don't know why Jungkook always makes people unhappy by showing his arrogance and dominance along with his power but here I can't say anything because Kim Woo-bin chose the wrong topic to speak. However, I can confirm one thing and it is that Jungkook's words always make enemies but those enemies are afraid to harm him or take action against him.

"Mr. Jeon, I mean....."

"I know what you mean, Kim Woo-Bin. You mean that your daughter is better than my wife. And do you think I don't know why you came here? You fucking came here with your daughter because both of you wanted to compare her. You didn't even come to my wedding and now here you are just to judge her" Jungkook's words made me lack words. I glanced at his ice-cold sharpness-filled predator-like eyes as they moved between the father and daughter.

"You know what, I rejected your proposal because your daughter is not my type. She's a headstrong woman who knows nothing. She thought of her as Mrs Jeon already without even me accepting your proposal." Jungkook chuckled sarcastically. Then continued.

" Ah... didn't you use my name to bully a waitress in the Roseville restaurant?" I was completely shocked to hear what Jungkook said. I immediately looked at her and my heart began to feel disgusted. Why would she do something like that? Her eyes were reddened and she was lowering her head. She should be ashamed of herself for doing that kind of cheap thing.