CHAPTER 42

Two weeks later......

"I'm staying here tonight"

I glanced at Jungkook hearing him. Seeing his stern expression, I looked at mom and Dad. Dad always looked nonchalant but mom, she was already glaring at her son with sharpness and refusal-filled eyes. I sighed... another argument is going to happen. Jungkook's stubborn attitudes around mom are increasing and mom gets angry at him so easily. I know that I'm the reason for this but I just can't do anything to fix it since mom doesn't let me. I lowered my head looking at my pasta plate.

"No! You are not staying. You came here and had your dinner, so you can leave now! Why are you even visiting us recently? You never visited us daily before. It was so hard to see you in the past" mom said, continuing her food. With her answer, I couldn't help but move my eyes to Jungkook.

His eyes are cold and his jaws clenched. But letting out a deep sigh, he threw his anger away and looked over at me. Seeing me already looking at him, he smiled. I don't know what to do. I just don't know if I should go back with him again.

"I'm staying tonight. I lived in this house for almost twenty years. So why are you pushing me away mom?" it's his right to stay in this house but mom doesn't let him because she's scared he would do something to me again. Time passes so quickly and I'm still living with mom and dad because they still don't let me go alone with Jungkook. They don't trust their son anymore after finding out what he did to me. But still, they don't know everything he did and I didn't even want to tell them. The more I speak the truth, the more Jungkook's punishment would be tough.

"Tzuyu, you lock the door of the room before going to bed. Don't open the door for him"

With mom's strict advice to me, Jungkook was allowed to stay here tonight. I hesitated but eventually nodded at mom. His staying here tonight means that he would definitely come to me at night and he's staying here for that. He wants to talk to me and be with me so I know it but mom was right, he should learn his lesson. I shouldn't accept him easily.

After having dinner, I went to my room. As mom said, I locked the door and grabbed a shower before going to bed. It was almost eleven when I went to bed after reading the last part of the book which I found in Dad's study room.

While my eyes slowly got heavy as the sleep arrived near me, I heard a sound that made my eyes snap open. It was the sound of the window opening to my room. I sat up on the bed with horror. My heart thumped inside of my chest with the sudden unexpected thing. But when I looked in the direction of my window, all I could see was Jungkook, climbing into the room through the window.

"What... what are you doing here Jungkook?"

I shot up from the bed as he jumped into the room and closed the window pulling curtains to cover it. Then his attention fell on me. He came to me as he pulled me into a tight hug. He squeezed me against his body while kissing all over my neck and shoulders. How did he even climb the second floor to come to my room? I just can't believe that he did something like this. I didn't expect him to climb in through my window. And how dangerous was it? What if he fell?

"Are you crazy? Why did you even do something like this?" I broke the hug pushing him away from me. I can't even think about it. I walked near the window and opened it. Then I looked down from the window not knowing how to accept the fact he climbed.

What if he fell? I don't think he can stand perfectly if he ever falls from this height but still look how calm he is as if it was nothing to him. Closing the window again, I turned to Jungkook whose eyes were on me while his hand was scratching the back of his neck with an expression filled with nervousness.

"You could've asked me to open the door!" I hissed at him.

I wouldn't be able to hold myself if he asked me to open the door. Even though mom asked me not to, I would open the door for him if he ever knocked or talked to me. After all, he's my husband and I just can't resist him or turn him down no matter
what happened between us in the past. He's the only person I can depend on.