CHAPTER 24

I came to Jungkook's office. I am standing in front of the door of his office having no courage to push open the door to enter. To my surprise, there are no guards here today. Is he here or in another company? He usually stays here at this hour but let me check. I took a deep breath and pushed open the door. My heart was beating faster and harder. I could hear my own heartbeat.
I'm seeing him after a month and I don't know what to say. I know that I haven't done anything wrong to him but I'm feeling nervous.

"What should I wear to meet your parents?
I'm so excited"

My fastly beating heart stopped when I saw the same woman sitting on my husband's lap with her hands around his neck. He seemed nonchalant and unaffected by her as he was focusing on the document he was reading. I stood there watching Jungkook's face while my brain tried to measure the pain I was feeling right now. My heart was completely torn apart by him. I never thought I would have to go through this very soon.

"Jungkook..."

I gathered all my strength before calling his name but still, my voice was trembling. It felt as if someone threw an ice-cold water bucket at me while humiliating me. Why would he do this to me? Why? Where did I make a mistake? My brain and heart screamed, failing to understand the reason behind this betrayal. So she was right... he got her pregnant! While his wife was waiting for him at home, he slept with a random woman and got her pregnant. What more can he do to humiliate me?

When I called him, his eyes fell on me. I saw the way his eyebrows twitched and his jaws clenched. His eyes traveled from my head to toe but eventually, he looked away as he continued focusing on the document in his hands. Really? Is this how he acknowledges me? Only a few seconds? He can only spend a few seconds looking at me? Why is he so cruel? Why is he so cruel to his own wife?

"Oh... Why are you even here? Didn't I already explain to you? Jesus! You are right babe, this woman is annoying!"

I didn't move my eyes to see Lisa even though her words were aimed at me. I didn't come here to talk to her or listen to her. I came here to talk to my husband! Ignoring her, I stared at Jungkook. I knew he wasn't reading the document. He cannot concentrate on it. I feel it and I see it. I took another few steps near the desk but he still didn't raise his head to look at me. How rude? I knew my eyes were reddened but I didn't give a chance for my tears to take action.

"You feel guilty to look at me?"

I snatched the document from his hand and threw it aside. I don't care whether it is so important to him or not. I don't care about anything. How could he do this to me? How could he even make his heart do this to me even after I endured all his torture? What a good reward I just received for being the best enduring wife! Getting cheated on? When I threw the document away, Jungkook's cold eyes fell on me.

"Why are you bothering him? Get the fuck away woman!"

Lisa got up from his lap coming to me.
She's trying to kick me out of here? As she grabbed my hand, I turned to her. She had burning anger and jealousy in her eyes as she looked at me. Why is she jealous? For me being his legal wife and her being his mistress? I wanted to laugh. When she pulled me away from the desk, I raised my hand and slapped hard across her face. This slap... I should give this to him! Not her!

"Don't... touch... me! You filthy whore!" I pushed her aside, turning to Jungkook. His eyes widened and he stared at me with his lips parted as if my actions stunned him.

My heart is already dying right now. It feels dangerously terrible and painful. Why don't I just get a heart attack and die here? So I won't have to go through this shit anymore.
My life was a hell ever since I was a child and now this man turned it even worse and horrible.