CHAPTER 41

~ Tzuyu's POV ~

"What are you doing here? There's no need for you to come here" I was upstairs in my room when I heard Jungkook's mom's voice. Is he here again? My heart ached. I slowly got up from the bed and walked out of the room.

As I expected, I could see Jungkook standing at the main entrance of the house with his head lowered. And he had a bag in his hand. I clutched the hem of my skirt looking at him. He had become thin and he looked so tired. I knew he couldn't see me since I was still upstairs.

I was discharged from the hospital almost two weeks ago and since that day, Jungkook has been coming here every evening but mom just won't let him see me. She took me to their house without allowing Jungkook to take me back home.

He's guilty... look at him, he's dying and suffering from the guilt. I don't know how to react to seeing him like this but my heart aches for him. My heart just aches for him. I really needed the divorce from the beginning but seeing him coming here every day just to see me, I couldn't bear to leave him but still, he has to go through the punishment mom gave.

"Please... I need to see her mom." Jungkook looked at her and pleaded. I watched him for a moment and sighed walking downstairs. I don't know but no matter how he hurt me l just can't watch him when he's like this. It hurts me. He wanted to see me, right?

So I will let him. When I walked downstairs, Jungkook's eyes fell on me. He let out a deep sigh and stepped near me as he pulled me into a tight hug. As soon as he hugged me, I could feel the scent of cigarettes and strong alcohol. Was he drinking? I felt him kissing my neck. He always does this whenever he hugs me. I closed my eyes, feeling his presence against my body. I can feel I'm melting into his hug. It's been a while, it's been a while since I have felt him like this. I leisurely moved my hands hugging him back. After all, he's my husband and I just can't forget about him. I just need him despite the fact he hurt me. I gripped his coat while battling with my eyes not to let out tears. I just don't want to cry. I missed him so much.

"Go home with me... please." he broke the hug looking at me. His beautiful eyes were slightly red. They revealed he lacked sleep.
He threaded his fingers with my hair as he held the back of my head making deep and serious eye contact with me. I couldn't just pull my eyes away from him

"I just can't... I just can't even sleep without you. Please... go home with me baby. I'll be a better person. I will be a good man" his eyes moistened. Go with him? I want to go with him, I will give him another chance but mom... she said I should stay away from him until he learns his sins and shouldn't give him a chance so easily.

"Fuck... I fucking miss you baby" he hugged me once again with kisses on my neck and shoulders. I glanced at mom who was watching us. She looked sad. She loves her son so much but I can understand that what Jungkook did to me completely broke her.

How would a mother feel after getting to know that her son abused his wife? And this was the least expected thing from him. So I understand why she wants to punish him so badly. But I'm not strong enough to let him suffer like this. I just love him and my heart always becomes weak in front of him.

"I'll give you thirty minutes to talk to her. After that, you should leave. And she's not coming with you" mom said as she walked into the house.

"Mom! She's not your wife! She's my wife. I'm taking her home!" Jungkook spoke back as he completely turned to mom. He sounded both angry and sad, hearing him, mom stopped. Her cold gaze fell on Jungkook. She let out a small chuckle which was filled with sarcasm and then parted her lips to speak. I knew she was going to say something that could hurt her son.

"Yes, she's not my wife and she's your wife but she's the wife I chose for you! I brought this girl to our family and I did everything for your wedding! So what are you even saying? After everything you've done, you still have the guts to ask her to go home with you. If you dare to go against my words, I will make sure that you will never see her again. Fix yourself before trying to get her back!"