CHAPTER 29

"Jungkook! Watch your language! You are disrespecting your wife's family!"

Jungkook pressed his lips together and looked at me. I forced a smile at him not knowing what to say. He always disrespect my family but I don't feel anything because my family never respected me. So why do I have to get hurt when Jungkook talks to them like that? After all, he has reasons to hate my family.

"It's okay mom... I don't mind" I muttered, turning to her. Jungkook always has a bad mouth and he just says what he has in his mind without thinking about anything. So knowing his personality I am not going to be emotional over things he says. As I said that, mom sighed and shot a glare at Jungkook before focusing on the stage at the charity gala. I sighed. I don't know what to say. Jungkook's mother doesn't know anything about how my family treats me so she always defends them whenever Jungkook begins to scold.

"How are you feeling, Tzuyu? Any symptoms for a pregnancy?"

I almost choked when I heard the question she suddenly aimed at me. I hesitated for a while before facing her. I don't know but everytime she mentions pregnancy, it makes my heart beat faster and I feel shy because both Jungkook and his father are here and I feel embarrassed. But I know that there was no reason for me to be embarrassed since getting pregnant is extremely normal between married couples.

"Not... not yet."

I smiled at her. She blew a sigh and turned to Jungkook. I don't know what will be her next question but I can guess that she's going to give Jungkook a hard time now. Mom always does this to us. Giving hard questions where we cannot answer. Jungkook's eyes were on me when I looked at him. We never talked about having a child even though the relationship between us improved. I just didn't bring up that topic since he clearly warned me that he doesn't want children and he wasn't ready for that.

Every time we slept, I took my pills after waking up. I don't know if he knew about it or not. And I was afraid to lose the perfect version of him if I ever got pregnant. I wanted him to bring up that topic so I can hear his thoughts and then work accordingly. As long as he wants me to get pregnant and ready to be a father, I will stop getting pills. Until then, I should be obedient without crossing the limit and making him angry.

"Don't you have a desire to be a father?"

Mom rolled her eyes at him. But he didn't look at her, he was just looking at me with a weird expression which made my heart skip a beat. Is... is he angry? A familiar shudder ran through my body when I thought about his anger. I haven't seen him angry for months and I just don't want to see him angry either. I lowered my eyes, failing to hold his gaze.

"Mom, what do you want me to say?" Jungkook said teasingly. "I want you to say that you will have a child with your wife as soon as possible" mom hissed at him. This is a real problem. Mom always gets angry at Jungkook for not giving her a chance to be a grandma. Sometimes I feel my head is about to explode when I think about this.

.......................................................................

I was alone at the table watching Jungkook talking to a few businessmen who listened to him with admiration and respect in their expressions. It feels so good to see him like that and see the people's impression towards my husband. Mom and dad left early because mom had forgotten to take her medicine tonight. So dad immediately took her and I am sitting here alone. I could just go to Jungkook and join whatever they are talking but I didn't feel like bothering him since I have no knowledge about his businesses.

"Here you are sis. Someone you used to have a crush on is back."

I gasped when I heard Junri's voice. In the next second, he was sitting on the chair next to me. I glanced at him with mixed feelings. He had never spoken to me when I was at home and he always looked away from me but why now? Looking at him for a moment, I moved my eyes towards the table where my family is at. My mom was aiming daggers at me already and filled with venom and hatred towards me. She's scary.