CHAPTER 17

I hid the disappointment in my voice clenching my fists. Don't tell me she left...
But if she had left, I would not go to get her again even though I was the one at fault. She is reasonable not to cook dinner with the way I treated her and how I insulted her food. I can't expect her to cook here, can I?

"The young lady said she's going to sleep. She has been having headaches since the afternoon." went to sleep? But she wasn't in the room. I wanted to ask but I remained silent without asking that question.

"Did she have dinner?" Aunt Mi Kyung let out a deep sigh and shook her head. Did I cause something this serious?

"She didn't eat anything today. She went with a young master's lunch without having breakfast and even after she came, she didn't have lunch and now it's the same...I said nothing but went upstairs again.

I knew she must be in another room. As I expected, she was in the room where I asked her to get a shower on our wedding day. I entered, gazing at her. She had crawled in the middle of the bed. Her hair was all over her.

"Tzuyu, wake up... Have dinner and sleep."
She was not asleep. I could clearly say that she wasn't sleeping. I sat on the bed and stroked her hair but she didn't respond. I wanted to apologize to her.

The words were at the edge of my tongue but I couldn't manage to say it. I don't apologize and it's my fucking pride that I don't want to put down. I wasn't surprised when she didn't answer me. I can barely understand how she feels now.

"Get up... I know you are awake" Pushing the hair from her face, I examined her. It wasn't hard for me to say that she had been crying. Her cheeks are glowing and wet. Her eyes were closed she didn't bother to open them and look at me. I breathed out. I turned her to face me. With my action, she opened her eyes and looked at me. Those eyes were beautiful but they looked empty.

"I'm not hungry... you can have dinner." she removed my hand from her hair as she turned away from me. I would be a fucking liar if I say that her rejection towards me didn't hurt. She was not a woman who refused my touch but now look at her, she pushed my hand from her twice today.
I don't know what's so good about this woman but I don't like it when she looks away from me or pushes my hand just like she did now. She cares about me... She cares about me but I... I have mixed feelings about this. About this weird chemistry between us.

"Do you want me to call the doctor? Aunt Mi Kyung said you have headaches" Ignoring the fact that she doesn't want me to touch her now, I slide my fingers through her hair massaging her scalp gently. I hope at least she will feel better when I do this.

"Why? Why do you pretend as if you care?"

She moved away from me with a difficult question for me to answer. I'm not pretending right now... no I'm not! I feel bad for what I did and I fucking regret it. I understand that thing hurt her deeply.
Which woman would not get hurt when her husband threw the food she cooked for him? After all, she came to me with the fucking file and food. She cares for me and she thinks about me but I'm such a jerk. I was a jerk to her.

"I don't want... I need to be alone for a while... Please have dinner and sleep. I arranged your clothes for tomorrow already" Her words covered my heart with displeasure.

Why does she want to be alone? Wasn't she alone until now? I just fucking came home after fucking hours. Why does she even become my wife if she wants to spend her time alone without me? Ha... she can dream about it. Right now, I'm being so good to her and I don't want to hurt her. She better cooperate with me.

"Ha... Never!" I moved her aside and laid on the bed. Then I hugged her tightly.

..........................................................