Chapter 37

"Why, King?" She asked softly. "Woods already left. Will you go and tell him?"

"I won't have to leave you, Little Devil," Paimon explained as he slipped her hands into his and gave then a gentle squeeze. He could feel her presence even more which meant she was slipping further into her transition. A quick glance at Charon told him he was fighting his powers more than he ever had before. He was actually holding onto Naberius, or as she called him Cereberus, to borrow some of his strength and power. Naberius was zoned in on her and the look in his eyes told him that Hades and everyone else was watching through his eyes and lending whatever they could to help Charon from letting her join them. This was going to totally drain them if it lasted much longer. They needed answers now. "We can speak through our mind-links. We have a faint bond with you as well. It's how Charon knew what happened was an accident and how he was able to tell us that you are here. All you have to do is tell us where you are and I can tell Woods. He will be able to find you and stop you from coming here before your time. Now, tell us where you are."

She looked up into his eyes then over at Gusion, or Merlin as she called him, and as he slipped his blue skinned hand over theirs she sighed softly and opened her mouth.

Meanwhile

"Curupira," Hades growled as he paced the hallway.

"I'm searching," Nathan/Curupira growled as he pushed his power out even more, making his red hair turn even brighter. If anyone was to look close enough they would see that it was nearly actual fire on his skin with the roots having a tint of blue from the intensity.

Axel, Corey, and Brandon suddenly went rigid as their eyes turned solid black, "Library," they spoke in unison and in deeper tones that everyone could tell it wasn't actually them speaking.

"Fuck, I forgot about that spot," Gabe paled as they took off for the west wing. "Fuck, we haven't been in there in years! Fuck!"

"Where?" Curupira demanded as he flung the library doors open, making them slam into the walls and creating holes in them but no one could bother to care at the moment.

"There's a hidden room along one of the walls," Victor admitted. "One of the back walls. I just don't remember which one. She hadn't talked about that in years."

"That's why she chose there," Luke whimpered. "It's not one she used during hide and seek. She knew I would check those first. What if–"

"Shut up, Lucien," Curupire growled. "She's not."

"No but she's close," Hades admitted as his aura took an even darker tone.

"Here," Curupira said as his hands loomed over a wall and burned nearly as bright as his hands.

Hades pushed on the wall and it pushed out, allowing him to swing it open. "Brookey?" he called out into the darkness. He took a step in and growled as a crunch came from beneath his foot.

"What the fuck was that?" someone asked from behind him.

"Broken glass."

"Here," Foras said as he took a step closer to Hades. He waved his hand and formed a ball of fire. He blew into the hand and the ball of fire floated into the room, lighting it up.

"Brooke," Sean gasped as he pushed past the two demons and dropped to his knees beside her. "Come on Brooke, look at me," he yanked the blanket off her and forced himself not to gasp at the pool of blood underneath her. "Come on Brookey," his voice cracked as he scooped his hands underneath her and whimpered at the soaked clothes clinging to her body. He scooted back and gently laid her on her back. "Come on, Brooke, just look at me, Sweetheart, please," he pleaded as he grabbed his flashlight pen and shined it into her eyes. "Come on, give me a reaction, Brooke." Her eyes dilated just slightly, letting him exhale the breath he was holding in relief, "Good girl, Brooke. Keep fighting, Sweetheart."

"What the hell happened?" someone asked. "Why would she–"

"She didn't!" Hades shouted with so much force the group had to take a step back.

"Hades," Foras shouted before clearing his throat. "It wasn't intentional, Charon heard her thoughts, it wasn't supposed to happen."

"Her stitches are ripped open," Sean said as he picked up her arm. "Kota get gloves on and–"

"No," Hades said through clenched teeth. "Call forth Buer and he'll use his healing powers to aid you, Doc. It'll be quicker."

"I don't know how," Sean admitted. "Do I even have one?"

"All of you do," Foras admitted. "It's one of the reasons everyone is bonded to Brooke. More will be explained later. Just clear your mind and ask for help, he'll step forward."

"Her flashlight died," Marc mumbled, "and the broken glass is from her lamp, it must have shattered when it got knocked over somehow."

"Okay but how the fuck did her stitches get ripped open?" Silas asked as he looked around so he wouldn't focus on the deathly pale girl underneath Sean's hands.

"Why are her bandages off?" Corey asked.

"She thought they were itching," Luke mumbled, "I don't know how I know that."

"Charon sent it," Koschei grunted. "Something hit her arm and hip."

Silas walked over to her little pile and growled, "There's a tip of a broken nail sticking out. When she was trying to get comfortable, it must have snagged and ripped them."

"Fuck," Marc punched the wall closest to him.

"Concentrate," Hades told Sean. "Just empty your mind and think of Buer, ask for his help."

Sean tightened his grip on Brooke's arm to apply more pressure and closed his eyes. The men watched as a sort of shiver went through Sean and his eyes sprang open but the shocking thing was his normally green eyes were now blue and he had a blue tint to his skin as well. "Brooke?" Sean's voice was a mix of shock and disbelief.

"Did you not get Charon's messages?" Hades asked.

"Just pieces," he shook his head, "I was in the deepest parts dealing with something."

"Just heal her and then focus on Charon, he's fighting his powers and draining quickly," Hades demanded. "It wasn't intentional, Buer."

"That will help," he nodded as he started muttering under his breath. The group watched as a soft blue haze started to flow over her body.

Luke started to sway then passed out but thankfully Victor was standing right beside him so he caught him. Koschei pointed next to Brooke so Victor carefully laid Luke next to her. Brandon dropped to his knees and crawled over to them. Just as he reached them he grunted, "Something is..." He passed out next to Luke.

Just as Gabe opened his mouth Brooke let out a loud gasp and her eyes sprang open. Luke and Brandon opened their eyes as well but instead of their normal colors they were solid black. Brooke barely turned her head and locked her brown eyes onto the blue eyes focused on her. She barely lifted her hand before dropping it back to the floor. "Sean?" she asked in confusion, "Blue...not green," she slurred drowsily, "No Sean...Boo."