Chapter 18

"Come on Brookie, tell me what you did," Luke pouted as he followed around Brooke a week later. "Puh...lease!"

"No Theodore," Brooke smirked as she shook her head. "I'm not going to tell you."

"But Brookie!" He whined as he fell to his knees in front of her. "Please!"

"Nope," she smirked as she patted the top of his head, "Maybe now you will learn your lesson to not touch my gummy bears."

"I won't," he shook his head, "ever again, I promise!"

"Alright Darling, don't you think you have tortured him enough?" Owen asked as he entered the house, coming home from work.

She sighed and rolled her eyes, "fine, Owen," she said, "alright Theodore," she smirked, "if you must know, I didn't do anything to your precious candy shoppe. I just messed up your office a little bit." Owen and the rest of the group chuckled as Luke's mouth dropped open in disbelief, "it was purely a psychological trick of revenge."

"You're evil Kitten," Raven smirked as he bent down and kissed her cheek. "I approve."

Luke closed his mouth then dropped it open a few more times.

"Oy, close your damn mouth Luke," Gabe chuckled, "you look like a damn fish."

Luke quickly shut his mouth and glared at him, "you and Marc knew this entire time and didn't tell me."

"Nope," Marc smirked, "it was fun watching you trying to figure out Brookie's plan. I have to admit it was quit amusing."

"You're too much like Mr. B at times, Cupcake," Luke pouted, "you know that?"

She walked over to Owen and hugged him, "What can I say? My Dragon taught me well."

"Alright, time for dinner," Owen said as he rubbed Brooke's lower back.

"I need to head to my place after dinner," Brooke said as she let Owen guide her to the table. "I need to work on some stuff I have over there."

"Okay, Darling," Owen nodded, "A few of us can take you over there and stay until it's time for bed."

She shook her head, "I might need to stay there, it just depends on how much I am able to get done. Since I'm not going back to school I really need to work on my projects, Owen."

"Fine," he said as he tried to think of a compromise that wouldn't upset her. "I already know you aren't going to move your things over here since you have everything set up the way you need it there so that means that whoever is taking you will stay with you throughout the night. We can agree that you sleep better with us than you do alone so it would only make sense that if you are set on staying there then we need to stay there with you. Agree?"

She thought about it then nodded, "Agree, thank you."

"You are welcome, Darling," Owen nodded as she shook his hand. "But—"

"I won't work through the whole night," she interrupted knowing she had to tread lightly. "But there is a very good chance that I won't be going to be at ten."

"No later than midnight," Owen pointed his finger at her, "you need a proper amount of sleep, you are still recovering."

"Alright, Owen," she sighed and nodded, "midnight at the latest."

He leaned over and kissed her forehead, "good girl, Darling."

"Stubborn," she mumbled under her breath before quickly shoving some food into her mouth when she saw him raise his eyebrow at her comment. "This is good."

"Hmmm," he nodded as he took a bite.

"Anyway," she said as she looked around the room purposefully ignoring the smirks from the rest of the group. "I don't want any issues so I can stay at my place for a while so everyone can have a chance to crash at my place equally if we need to. You know I don't want—"

"Any favoritism, yeah we know, Cupcake," Luke smiled as he handed her a chocolate milk. "But we also know that North and I are the favorites since we found you first."

"Nope," she shook her head, "I found you first."

"Same damn thing," Gabe chuckled.

"No, it's not," she fake glared at him.

"I fucking stand corrected," Gabe chuckled as he held his hands up in surrender. "You found them first."

She smirked as she took another bite then smiled, "Good boy."

"Brooke..." Owen warned.

"Yes Owen?" she asked innocently.

"What all will you be working on tonight?"

She sighed as she thought about it for a bit, "I got some ideas for some clay projects, a sketch I need to get down for a painting and some sketching for other mixed medias. I need to check some art emails and box up a couple of items that I forgot I left at the house last week that really needs to be mailed, oh and I need to check my mail while I think about it. Probably got some bills that need to be paid as well."

"No," Kota shook his head, "I switched everything over to autopay last month."

"Oh," she frowned for a second then smiled, "thanks Kota."

She rushed over to hug him then kissed his cheek before sitting back down to finish eating. He chuckled, "you're welcome, Brooke."

"Mr. Cole..." he trailed off feeling Brooke's gaze on him, "Gabriel can stay the night with you so he can help you on your projects if you need it, and Kota can also stay so he can check over your business financials and anything else you may need his help on then we can discuss a routine for the rest of us tomorrow during lunch or dinner."

Brooke smiled, "yes Sir."