Chapter 3

Her watch beeped and she frowned, "What is it?" Luke asked.

"Oh nothing, just a reminder that I have to leave to get ready for my classes," she sighed as she slid her phone back into her back pocket.

"Awww, must you?" Gabe whined, "we just got home."

"Sorry but I have a couple of tests that I can't miss," she shook her head.

"Why are you even taking classes again?" Gabe complained.

She smirked and hugged him, "One because I like to stay busy, two because unlike you, I can't guarantee my business will always be thriving. I need the reassurance of having a degree to fall back on to be able to support myself. Nowadays it seems like you can't have a job without having a degree. Now," she pulled back and grabbed her bag, "go home and unpack, I'll only be like four hours maybe five tops and since it's Friday, I'll swing by the house and pack to stay with you this whole weekend, deal?"

"Fuck yes," Gabe beamed and hugged her again.

"So you got over your hatred of driving at night then, Baby?" North asked.

"No," she admitted, "but since I'll be done by six at the latest the sun will just be setting so I'll be fine. The good thing about having my own business is that I can go to class during the day and hardly ever have night classes. Now, I really have to go, I'll see you Boys tonight," she sighed happily as she hugged them, "Damn it's good you're finally home."

Once she was gone, they turned back to Uncle, "Truth. Now." North demanded, making Uncle chuckle.

"She's just like you saw, keeping herself busy as much as possible," Uncle admitted. "She is hardly ever home, and she's been switching between me and Erica the last couple of weeks. You know she doesn't like being alone, North, it's nothing new."

"She lost weight," North glared.

"And what am I supposed to do about that?" Uncle asked, raising an eyebrow. "I can't force her to eat. She is a grown woman and can take care of herself."

"Not if she's making herself too busy that she forgets to eat," North threw back. "You know damn well that she has a tendency to do that."

"And what do you expect me to do, Boy?" Uncle asked crossing his arms over his chest, "Follow her around every day? I'm not her security guard or her stalker, I'm her uncle and safe haven while you aren't here."

"Enough North," Silas shook his head, "Let's just go home and unpack. We're back now, we'll get back to properly taking care of her one day at a time."

"Yeah, let's get fucking home, I'm sure there's a ton of shit I need to do," Gabe sighed as he began to think of everything the house may need.

Uncle chuckled, "The only thing you need to do is get some groceries." They looked at him confused. "Every Sunday is dedicated to her cleaning the mansion and making sure it's ready for when you get home so you wouldn't have to."

"I swear that woman," Axel smirked shaking his head. "Alright, Marc and North go get groceries for tonight, we can go actual shopping tomorrow, and we'll head home to start unpacking."

Just then a group text message popped up on all their phones: Pizza, wings, garlic sticks, salads and drinks will be delivered at five. Enjoy. Turning phone off now.

Luke burst out laughing while North clenched his jaw. "She shouldn't have done that."

"Yeah, well good luck telling her that," Luke and Uncle said at the same time.

Silas smirked while shaking his head and putting his hand on North's shoulder. "Come on. We'll work on slowing her down this weekend."

Everyone let out a sigh of relief when they pulled up to their mansion. They were finally home. "Hello Boys," Erica smiled as she opened the front door and stepped out onto the porch. "Ben called me after you left so I could meet you here."

"Hi Momma," they said in unison.

Just then a blur of golden fur rushed past her and started circling all of them excitedly. "Hello Max," Kota beamed as he pulled back from hugging her and dropped to his knees. Max started barking excitedly as he licked Kota's face and wiggled all over him. "I missed you too Boy."

"Well, I have a shift, so we must catch up this weekend, love you," Erica smiled hugging each of them tightly then kissed their cheeks and hurried to her car.

Max barked happily as he jumped up on all of them then followed them into the mansion.