Chapter 23

"Once I start, please don't interrupt. It is just as hard talking about it even though we weren't the victims," Luke sighed out as he tried preparing himself for going down the hell path of memory.

"We promise not to interrupt now tell us what she had to endure," Nathan said with impatience.

"Okay, well, as I said we used to meet up at the playground all the time, but one day she didn't show when she said she would. We knew something was wrong so we went looking for her. She wasn't at any of our normal spots so I decided we risk going by her house. She had told us a few times to never show up there because it would make her stepfather angry but we figured it was worth a shot. What we didn't expect was to find her in such a predicament. She lived in a run-down home where the front house windows were boarded up. Since we couldn't see or hear anything I snuck to the back of what I believed was her room," Luke started to explain.

"I thought he was going to get caught and tried stopping him but of course, he wouldn't listen. So instead I followed along to be his lookout. We didn't want to be the cause of her getting into more trouble," North muttered as his grip on the steering wheel tightened.

"All the windows were boarded up, every single one," Luke ground out through clenched teeth as his mind wandered back to that day. "All except one."

"The basement," North hissed.

"It was one of those tiny windows that barely anyone can fit through much less see because of the grass covering it. I almost missed it. It was filthy and covered in stuff I don't even want to think about," Luke said before taking a deep breath. "We heard voices coming through the glass pane so I decided to put my ear as close as possible while trying to make out what was going on. I heard her crying so since I could barely see through I used my shirt to wipe off a small section and even then I could barely see through. He hadn't covered that one up yet. Brookey was laying on the floor crying and he was beating her with a belt. He was calling her a dirty slut and a whore and well you can figure the rest out. She kept pleading that she wasn't but he wouldn't listen. He kept saying it was true since she wasn't home anymore making his meals or they were cold and just," Luke sighed, "well based on most of our histories you get the gist of it. Anyway, once he was done swinging that fucking belt, he grabbed her hair and yanked her over to a table. He strapped her down even around her neck and forehead so she couldn't move. I tried to pry the window open but it was stuck," Luke paused his explanation to use his bottom inside shirt to wipe his face as tears were cascading down his face. His sniffles were breaking everyone's hearts.

"Luke turned to me asking to help pry the damn thing open that we had to save her. He was hysterical and I didn't even think about it. I put my shoe on the frame and push kicked it open. Luke here caught it before it slammed into the opposite wall, which at first I was confused until I heard her pleas. My brain had short circuited for a moment before I was dropping to my hands and knees to see what was happening to her. Luke at this point had maneuvered his body through the window without being noticed by who we assumed was her step-father," North said, taking over though his voice was strained.

"He was pulling a needle out of her arm," Luke whimpered as he fought against his memories. "He was high as fuck and the whole place reeked of alcohol. There were cans everywhere along with shattered bottles. He started cutting her clothes off with his knife and then he cut her stomach and licked the blood saying how delicious she tasted." Luke took a few deep breaths as he tried so hard from breaking down. He could see it as clear in his mind almost as if he was that teenage boy seeing her in that position all over again.

"He um..." he gulped before continuing, "he started telling her how she only belonged to him. If she was going to just give herself away to anyone then whoever should pay him for her since he was her first and will always be his toy. All she would be good for is lying on her back with her legs spread just like her mother but since she was now gone Brookey was all his to play with. It was fucking horrible. All the blood and her cries..." he whimpered as he clutched his head.

"The moment I saw the asshole lick her I took off to call Uncle at the payphone that was on the sidewalk. Thank fuck he answered," North took over. "He promised he would send help and told me to do whatever it took to save her and he would handle everything else. It was the first time I ever experienced Hades and Styxx. I was too large to slip in the window so I motioned Luke back over to me and whispered what Uncle told me. It was like something in him snapped. He nodded and then his fucking eyes turned black. The shocked look on his face told me that mine did as well. It was like I was trapped in my fucking body and just watching everything happen around me. To this day I couldn't tell you how I managed to yank the doorknob off the front door like it was just paper. It just crumbled under my hand and the next thing I knew I was walking through that hell house. It was like a fucking abandoned place. Electricity and water were turned off and it was fucking freezing like a damn igloo."

"I don't remember everything but I do remember looking at a brown piece of glass in my hand and seeing the blood but not feeling everything," Luke butted back in. "Her step-father was writhing on the floor as he was reaching toward his back."

"I stormed into the room to see Luke staring at his hand with an emotionless look then look down at her step-father. If I remember correctly his name is Joey. The bastard was squirming like a worm on the floor as blood was pooling on the ground. I turned to Luke and told him, "Luke get Babygirl and get the fuck out of here!" and he looked at me. It was like he didn't even see with those black soulless eyes of his but he must have because all he said was "Styxx" then he used the glass to cut whatever was holding her down and disappeared with her in his arms."

"Like North said it was like I was in my body but I wasn't. I think I said something to North but he shook his head and said "Hades" then next thing I know I was carrying Brookey outside. Uncle was running up to us as I came out the door. He froze when he saw me or I guess Styxx and ushered us over to the ambulance. I remember there were screams of agony coming from the house and all I could think about was the pleasure it gave me to hear those screams."

"When I showed up Luke was as pale as a ghost but those eyes," Uncle cleared his throat, "he wasn't Luke at that moment. I haven't met many people with dual personalities so strong as to where they can alter the person's body but Styxx certainly can."

"Hades and Dragon?" Kota asked.

"Yes," Uncle confirmed. "It's practically unheard of for so many in one family and yet it happened to you. Anyway, once I was sure Luke, pardon me Styxx, and Brooke were safe in the ambulance I went back inside. Nor...Hades had beaten Joey to a pulp. He even," Uncle cleared his throat, "broke many bones. He was about to make him a eunuch but I managed to pull him away before then. He would have bled to death and not suffered for his crimes if I hadn't stopped him in time. That is the only reason I stopped him but now I am seriously reconsidering it. Especially with what we found afterwards."