Chapter 17

"So, what are you going to do, Beautiful?" Marc asked as he unlocked the back door to Luke's candy shop then turned off the alarm while Gabe wrapped his arm around her waist. Now that her anger was slowly fading the running around was starting to catch up to her and her muscles were starting to ache.

"Oh, I'm not doing anything to the actual shop but I'm going to make him think I did," she smirked as she limped inside. "It wouldn't be fair to actually do something to the shop and it affects the customers, but I can certainly make it look like I did. I'm just going to fuck with him mentally when it comes to the shop. But I will be doing something to his candy stashes at home."

"That's evil, Trouble," Gabe chuckled, "I love it. So, what do you want to do?"

She shrugged as she slowly walked around, "Don't know yet, give me time. I won't do anything today; he'll be expecting it. I want to do it when he least expects it."

"Well, let us know when you think of something and we will help you pull it off," Marc smiled as she grabbed a large bag and started filling it with gummy bears.

"For now, you can help me make everyone goodie bags for family movie time," she smiled. "I'll make North's dried fruit thing he likes."

"You got it, Beautiful," Marc nodded.

"I'll fucking distract Luke when you decide to fuck with his candy, Trouble," Gabe chuckled as he held her bag for her.

"Thanks Meanie," she smiled, "I'm thinking of slipping some dried fruit in some, oh maybe some even freeze-dried fruit that looks like candy, I'm not sure yet. Right now, I'm just enjoying that it's messing with him mentally. It's more fun when he doesn't know when I'm going to get him back."

"You've been around Raven and Mr. B way too fucking long, Trouble," Gabe chuckled. "This is why I'll never piss you off."

"Not my fault y'all keep kidnapping me when I try to escape," she winked, "now it's backfired, and I've developed Stockholm Syndrome and you're stuck with me forever."

"Glad to know our plan FINALLY worked," Marc sighed in dramatic relief. "The family will be pleased to know this I have to tell them immediately."

"You're ridiculous," she chuckled as she pointed to some gummy snakes, so Gabe scooped some into her bag. "Thank you."

"You're fucking welcome," Gabe kissed her temple, "Gummy bears, gummy snakes, skittles, some sour candy, anything else?"

"Yep, chocolates," she grinned, "then to mess up his office somehow."

"I'll go work on the office for you," Marc said as he put various bags on the counter. "I don't want you to wear yourself out that you can't enjoy family time. I know just what to do to so it messes with him without actually messing up the shop in a bad way."

"Thank you," she smiled up at him gratefully.

"Of course, no one pisses off my Beautiful without me doing something about it," he winked before strolling off to the office.

"Ugh, keep this up and no man will ever be able to capture my heart," she mumbled while scooping some M&Ms into a bag then putting some Rolos in there as well.

"Maybe that's the plan," Gabe chuckled, "Keep your heart as ours so eventually you'll be our Queen."

"Yeah right," she scoffed while putting some Crunch and Hershey's Krackel in the bag. "You only love me as your little sister and best friend. I know it and I'm okay with it, just like I'm okay with being alone forever, I'll still have you."

"Hey," Gabe said seriously, as he grabbed her elbow to stop her from walking away. She turned to face him with a confused look on her face. "You are never going to be fucking alone, Brooke. Sure, we may fucking argue and not talk to one another for a brief fucking time, but that's just what family does. We will ALWAYS love you and be there for you. Always. And you will find love eventually, it just may not be who you are expecting so you don't realize it but it will happen, okay? I fucking guarantee it."

She stared at him for a few seconds before smiling and hugging him, "Okay Meanie," she whispered into his chest. "I'll keep believing for now."

"Good girl," he chuckled as he kissed the top of her head. Spotting movement out of the corner of his eye, he looked up to see Marc standing there with his phone in his hand. "Got enough candy for now?"

"Yep," she nodded into his shirt. "Now you just have to teleport me home, so I don't have to walk, I'm too comfy. Call my genius wizard and demand him to look up the teleportation spell."

"Yes Ma'am," Marc chuckled as he put his phone on speaker. "Hey, Genius Wizard, have you found the teleportation spell yet?"

"Nope not yet, sorry Ten," Kota's chuckle filled the shop, "I'm still looking for where the darn pixies hid it, I guess for now you'll just have to have Gabriel or Marc carry you back to the car and drive you home."

"Damn," she huffed then pouted, "fine if I must tolerate more diva treatment I will, but you need to hurry up and find it. I don't like this; it will be much easier on everyone once you find it."

"You know we love spoiling you Ten," Kota chuckled, "you should be used to it after all these years so suck it up and just accept it's going to happen forever."

She huffed again but giggled while playfully whining, "so mean to me..."

"You know you love it," Kota, Gabe and Marc said it the same time.

"Whatever," she mumbled before hiding her face in Gabe's chest again.

"Are you done messing up Luke's shop?"

"Yeah, she is," Marc chuckled.

"Good now hurry home so we can have family time."

"Be home sooner if you found the teleportation spell," she threw back.

"Yeah, yeah," Kota chuckled, "I'm on it."

She giggled again, "Good boy."

Kota growled, "Home. Now."

She mocked saluted, "Yes Sir."

He let out a long sigh, "I swear to Merlin..."

"Quit riling him up, Treasure," Owen said in a deep tone cutting off her giggles, "Come home now."

She wrapped her arms around Gabe's neck as he picked her up, "Yes Dragon."

"Good girl."