Chapter Sixty-Nine

Dragonstone.

Home.

Two months had passed by, and still, he couldn't believe that he was home... And not alone, but with his family.

Daemion took a deep breath and closed his eyes as he stood on the balcony of Dragonstone's throne room, and let the wind to flow through long raven hair. The smell of the sea and fresh weather. The sound of Modread and Dreamfyre flying with one another as they screeched.

Perfect. Daemion thought to himself

On his near-death bed nearly seven years ago, while resting he fantasized about an impossible day like this day, and yet it had happened, and Daemion was grateful for it.

Twenty years ago when he was still just Daemion Targaryen, Son to Maegor the Mighty, on Dragonstone, he had never thought a day would arrive that he would have his own family on it.

Those days the only things that mattered were his training with the old man Ser Gawen and seeking his father's approval...

But now he could hear Modread and Dreamfyre as they took the sky as their own and lay clutches of eggs. Less than a dozen.

More Dragons for our house. Daemion thought to himself. He had oft thought of sending one the eggs that Dreamfyre had laid with Modread and sent it to King Jaehaerys and Alysanne as a gift for their wedding.

Perhaps he could send one egg to Amethyst...

Uh, Amethyst...

How her beautiful name still lingered in his head... How he missed her. He could do nothing but wish that she was content as she held her throne. Perhaps it is best for me to write her a letter soon.

Daemion heard soft steps approaching him, and with that he turned his head toward his beloved wife.

                                ____________

Rhaena watched her Daemion as he enjoyed the weather from the balcony as if he had not done it every day for the past two months. And yet she could not help to only stay quiet and watch his beautiful face as he closed his eyes and enjoyed the wind as his long loose raven hair danced with the wind.

Two months were spent with nothing but their love for one another. Two months that she still woke up in bed worried that all had happened was nothing but a dream that she was still having as she was still locked away in the HighTower.

But when she opened her eyes to only meet Daemion's beautiful face and naked body next to her, she could only bury her face in the crook of his neck.

Some nights after they finished loving one another through the night, he would ask her to walk with him across the castle as she gently put her arm in his arm.

They could walk for all night without ever sharing a single word and still feel his love. It much reminded her of fourteen years ago, of the night they were reunited in that.

Of the night that he was her quiet angel of the night in crimson robes, simply walking her to the gates of Dragonstone without uttering a single word.

Daemion gently opened his eyes and looked at Rhaena as a gentle smile was formed on the corner of his lips. "My love."

Rhaena walked to Daemion and gently joined her fingers with Daemion's fingers and asked with a soft smile. "What are you thinking of, my love? Is it about the clutch of Eggs that Dreamfyre has brought forth?"

"No. I was thinking about you." Daemion answered as he gently closed his eyes and turned his head toward the city, once again enjoying the wind. "There is not a moment that I'm not thinking of you."