Chapter Seventy-Two

TW: Disturbing/Vulgar/disgusting inner thoughts. 

Androw looked at the castle, the seat of House Targaryen, as he walked by his twin sister's side, as they were being escorted by the soldiers who were dressed in the colours of House Targaryen; Black and red.

When they were younger, Elissa had read to him that Dragonstone was built by Valyrians with arcane arts, fire,and sorcery. Capable of liquefying and reshaping stone with dragonflame, the dragonlords used their magic to shape Dragonstone to look like multiple dragons.

Androw never believed it until his eyes were fixed on the statues of dragons all over Dragonstone. Dragon architecture can be found throughout the castle, such as small dragons framing gates and dragon claws holding torches. Statues in the shape of dragons could be found all over the castle.

Elissa pointed at a few of the designs as they walked past them as she hit Androw's arm, which pained him, and whispered amazed. "They have designs of everything, don't they?! Look at that one. I ain't too sure about the rest but that's for sure a Wyvern."

Androw softly looked at the wyverns with a slight worry in his heart.

The wyverns may not breath fire, but they are brutal. Even more than dragons some say. Untamable, brutal, cruel and terrors of wherever they fly upon... Androw thought to himself. May the Father and Warrior never descend a Wyvern from hell.

Androw and Elissa were led into the wider parts of the castle yard. No matter how much they walked or how much it appeared they were simply on an island, this castle was somehow even larger than his father's castle on Fair Isle.

But Draongtone's air bothered him. His nose could not truly tolerate the salty air of Dragonstone, which smells of smoke and brimstone.

Dragonstone...

The seat of their host...

The seat of Prince Daemion Targaryen, the Kinslayer, The Prince of Dragonstone and, once, the Prince of Oldtown. The only son of King Maegor the Cruel and Lady Ceryse Hightower of Oldtown...

He had heard of Daemion the Kinslayer, who was called Black Dragon by some. He could vividly remember the day the news of his victory in Stepstones and the slaying of the Monster of Maghadan had reached the Faire Isle thirteen years ago. His monster of a brother did not stop tormenting and mocking him for days.

"Same age as Andorw and yet he is the bearer of Queen Visenya's blade and slays a beast... And my brother only lacks a cunt to be a proper harlot." Franklyn used to say and knights and maids alike would laugh. Those jokes first lasted for days then weeks and then months...

But when Prince Daemion disappeared with his dragon Modread, all the compartments died over the night, instead, Androw was utterly forgotten, for now, what everyone spoke of was one question that they kept asking on repeat. "Where did Daemion the Black Dragon go?"

Was he dead? Killed? Exiled?

But after Prince Daemion's disappearance, he had heard from Elissa and her crew that they had seen Prince's dragon, Modread, flying along with a blue-scaled and slimmer dragon. To which no one believed of course.

He also had heard that Prince Daemion was breathtakingly "Beautiful" rather than "handsome" which was quite strange. How can a man be beautiful? Androw wondered to himself. Many had considered his older brother, and even himself before he turned to drinking heavily, quite handsome with their pale blue eyes and yellow hair.

He knew Valyrians possessed an otherworldly beauty, with their unnatural silver-gold hair and purple eyes, and Prince Daemion's own mother, Lady Ceryse, was considered a great beauty and piety and remarkable devotion to the Seven of her time, but he still could not understand it.