Chapter 24

"I CAN'T UNDERSTAND WHY YOU'RE FUSSING OVER DANNY SO MUCH! I'M YOUR BOYFRIEND, YOU SHOULD BE DOING STUFF WITH ME."

I didn't know how to handle this," Are you jealous?" I asked softly.

The others sniggered. It just made him more angry.

"NO, YOU'RE A SLUT ALEXIS, A SLUT. WHY WAS I JUST ANOTHER BOYTOY WHILE YOU WERE USING ME TO GET CLOSER TO DANNY?"

"Ben-", Sam said, the warning clear in his voice.

"SHUT THE FUCK UP. I'M FUCKING TALKING TO HER. TELL ME WHY DON'T YOU-"

"Tell you what Ben"

"THAT YOU LOVE ME. BECAUSE OTHERWISE YOU'RE A WHORE. A CHEAP WHORE WHO WOULDN'T EVEN HAVE SEX WITH ME!"

"That's not nice," Ben I said.

"I'LL TELL YOU WHAT ISN'T NICE, THE FACT THAT YOU'RE A LIAR! I BET YOU'RE NOT EVEN SICK."

That's when I lost it.

"You know what Ben?Fuck you." I said, and started walking off.

"Don't walk away from me."he said, and grabbed me by the arm

"Ow. Let go Ben."

"NO. I WON'T FUCKING LET GO. NOT UNTIL YOU TELL ME-"

"TELL YOU WHAT ?THAT I LOVE YOU ?ARE YOU THAT BEREFT?"

"TELL ME THE TRUTH."

"ABOUT WHAT? BEN I'M TIRED OF THIS." I screamed, and tore my arm away, I walked out, got into my car and drove off.

I didn't know where I was going.

But I just had to get away.

 I was sick, and heartsore, and undecisive .After two traffic lights, I saw Ben's car behind me. I sighed and sped up.

He did the same. After a really long car chase I stopped near a bus stop. He did the same.

"WHAT?" I snapped.

"I'm sorry." he said.

"Just sorry?"

"I am repentant and I will be so throughout my sorry life."

I half smiled.

He continued, "But what your little peasized brain will never ever understand, was that I did this on purpose so we could get somewhere quiet."

"Oh really?"

"Yes" he said, and got down on one knee.

My breathing stopped.

"Alexis Greenwood, will you marry me?"

I didn't know what to say.

I took a large step back.

But something was wrong and there was a flash of red and yellow, screeching tires and a whole lot of pain.