CHAPTER 11

BEN’S POV (first one yet)

I was awake staring at the bottom of Danny’s bunk.It was just plain grey. Alexis was squeezed in to my right next to the wall. She was sleeping, her head on my chest. I could feel her breathing, and I felt strangely protective. She was very fragile when she slept.I brushed her hair back from her face. It was eight am and strangely I was awake. Awake, and for what seemed for the first time in my life sober and pensive. I was thinking about Alexis and how I hadn’t even had sex with her yet. It was almost comical, to see me tied down by a girl I’ve barely known. If this was a usual situation I would have fucked her, thrown her off the bus and would have been in another state. The realization hit me pretty slow. I was in a relationship. I almost laughed. Other than my one night stands I’d never known anything else. Except forAswella, and that was because of sex. I did fuck her sisters after that.

I actually felt something for Alexis other than animalistic lust, I just wasn’t very sure what it was.But the other thing was a little strange and if it didn’t hurt it baffled me a bit. Whenever I told Alexis I loved her, she came back with a strange answer.

“Alexis.I love you.”

She had laughed. “Until you find someone better right?”

The next few times her answers weren’t different. ‘Yeah, till you get bored.” “You don’t mean it Ben.”

Strange. I think she had commitment issues, but who am I to talk. She tensed in her sleep and instinctively my grip around her tightened.

Benjiman Paul Bruce. The Cassonova. The Romeo. The Ladies Man. The Manwhore as the rest of the band said.

Taken down by his best friend/gay partners sister.

Life is strange you know.

She snuggled closer and I shut my eyes. My manliness was safe for a while. Fuck yeah, I had tattoos and piercings. Go me. And my manliness……….

“Ben is the most feminine in the band.” Danny said.

Crashed and burned Bruce, crashed and burned.

“Yeah. Look at him.” James said.

“I felt him up once.” Sam admitted.

“Not you too Sam.” I said “We had a guitarist’s pact.”

Danny looked at James, “Ahh….that’s where the new brotherhood came from. James I think we are going to form our club.”

James was looking out of it as usual. “Cameron is the quietest.” He proclaimed.

“Like we didn’t know that.” Cameron said, softly.

“But isn’t fair. “ James whined. “Ben gets all the chicks.”

“That’s because he’s half woman. He knows what they like, how the think. He knows which buttons to press.” Danny said.

“DANNY IS THE LARGEST AND THE HAIRIEST!!” I said, loudly and tried taking his pants off. “You’re a fatty Danny!” I said and poked his belly.

“Now I’m angry Ben!” Danny said and started imitating me in a high pitched voice. “I’m Ben Bruce. I’m really tall and thin. I have long curly hair EVERYWHERE. I’m a girl. My penis is half an inch.”

Amidst all of this Alexis came out of the shower in a long black t-shirt. I saw her and shouted.

“NOW I CALL DIBS ON THAT!!” and I raced towards her. She blushed, and flipped me off.

I ran to her and hugged her.

“Mmmmphh…” I said smelling her hair. “You smell nice.”

“I use a satsuma-rasberry shampoo for women.” She said.

“It doesn’t make any difference Lexi. He’s going to use it anyway.Hide it Lexi.” James shouted.

“Ignore them.”I said.

“They’re giving me important advice I think. Go take a shower Ben. And get a shirt on.”

I took a step back from her. “Why? Don’t like all of this?” I said provocatively.

She laughed. “It’s just that the ends of your family first tattoo circle your….errr….you know what really  funnily.”

“Yeah. The guys used to laugh at it too. It looks like my man boobs have glasses.”

She blushed a deep red. It took all I had to prevent myself from kissing her right now.

And oh.

I got a boner.

“You haven’t told us much about your family, Lex. I mean I have a tattoo and all. Any family tattoos you haven’t told us about?”

Danny became silent. And looked at me.

In an instant I knew it was a wrong question.

She began speaking in a clipped tone.

CLIFFY-HANGER!!!

I'm sorry.

not to worry though.

It'll probably be here in a few hour

Hands out 'stick-around' cookies 

yum

I'm eating oreos actually