Chapter 18

They all stayed over at my apartment. They seemed to have a strange affection for sleeping on the floor. I still hadn’t gotten used to it Sometimes when I used to wake up in the morning to use the loo, I would open the door and scream, mostly because I had walked in on one of them pissing.

“You guys are going to eat me out of my home.” I said, when I found the fridge empty for the third time in a week. Jame was the sickest. He ate a can of baked bean sauce , then threw up red colored slush for hours afterwards. “You’re the rich ones. Go out and shop for food, with your millions.”

Danny raised his hand.

“What?”

“My diet consists of liquor. I didn’t really eat anything in the fridge.”

“So?”

“I shouldn’t spend my money.”

“I ate all the fruits.” Confessed Sam

“All?”

“Yeah. Even the tinned ones.”

“You guys are gross.” I said, and pointed to the door, “Out. Shop. Now.”

All five of them lowered their heads and filed out the door. Two hours later they were back with bags full of food.

“I call dibs on the marshmallows.” I said, and snatched a pack of them from Sam. He looked devastated.

“We got sausage rolls”

“And caviar, truffles and belgian chocolate.”

“Fancy…huh?”

“I was thinking…..” James said,

“Don’t think James. It never did good anyway.” Said Danny.

“For the five days between Christmas and New Year’s Eve. We should go to Orlando. To Universal Studios. Do the full monty.”

“You know, that’s not such a bad idea.” I said

“I hate roller coasters.” Danny said.

“Yeah, only because you pig out BEFORE going on one.” Said Ben.

“So…”

“WE’RE GOING TO IBIZA!”

“No we’re not.” Said Ben.

“WOAH! BACK TO THE ISLAND.” Sang James

“WOAH! IN THE MEDITERRANEAN SEA!” I joined in.

“WOAH! WE’RE GONNA HAVE A PARTY!”

“WOAH! IN THE MEDITERRANEAN SEA!”

Very soon we were all ROFL. But then somebody farted. And it was bad.

“Ugh.Who did it?”

“Ohmy god..”

“Gross!”

“I’m{mmmph}{mmmph}dying.” Said Sam who had his head buried in the front of his shirt.”

“I don’t smell anything.” Said Danny.

“The one who denies it ,supplies it.” Said Ben.

“Must be your diet of liquor.” Said James.

“You know the houserules ,guys.”

“Yes we do. One. No getting drunk. Two. No doing stupid things like drunk. Three. No pissing anywhere except for the nice porcelain toilet pot when drunk or hungover. Four.No outside whore/hooker/girls. Five. No using the housephone to prank call. Six. No using Alexis’s combs to brush pubic hair. Seven. No sharing toothbrushes. Eight. No tampons up noses. Nine. No Rambo movies. Ten. No cockroaches. Eleven.No farting.Twelve. No dirty jokes.” They all recited in unison.

“Great. So now what does Danny have to do?”

“Clean the toilet with his toothbrush?” suggested James.

“No. Eat carrots.”

“That’s not much of a punishment is it Lexi?” asked Sam.

“FOR YOU SAM! YOU LIKE FRUITS AND VEGETABLES.” Said Danny. “Please don’t make me do this. I’ve never eaten vegetables, ever since I turned eight.”

“Danny’s mum was really nice then.”

And very soon we saw Danny at the dining table surrounded by all of us who were chanting.

“EAT THE CARROT! EAT THE CARROT!”

Danny stuck it up his nose.

“I can’t eat them now. It’s got my nose bogeys on it.”

“Did you ust say nose bogeys?” I asked him.

All of them looked at me strangely. “What’s so wrong with nose bogeys, mate?” asked James.

“Well its boogers.” I pointed out.

“Well we’re English” said Danny loftily.

“And a bunch of arseholes.” I added.

We all got into a fight me versus them. All carrots forgotten.