106. A Twist of Fate.

Taehyung sat by the garden door, staring into the heavy rain and listening to the thunder rumbling in the distance. He had been sitting there for hours, his soul as turbulent as the storm outside. It had been a week since Y/N left, and it felt as though she had taken a part of him with her. The emptiness he felt was overwhelming, a void that seemed impossible to fill.

For the past week, he had scoured every corner of the city, desperately searching for her. But today, he found himself sitting and staring at the pouring rain, lost in his thoughts and guilt.

He couldn't shake the feeling that this was his punishment. He thought back to the early days of their marriage, the way he had treated her, the hurt he had caused. Was this the consequence of his actions? The tears welled up in his eyes as he thought about his wife, wondering what condition she was in now.

"Are they hurting her?" he whispered to himself, the thought tearing at his heart. "How much pain is she in?"

Taehyung's tears mingled with the rain as he sat there, feeling utterly helpless and consumed by regret.

He hadn't even looked at his mother for the past week, feeling both betrayed and saddened by her actions. The thought of his mother's decision cut him deeply, adding another layer to his already overwhelming sorrow. He couldn't bring himself to face her, the wound too fresh and the pain too intense.

Every time he thought about how his mother had driven Y/N away, his heart ached even more. He felt abandoned by the very person who was supposed to protect him and his happiness. The rain continued to pour, mirroring the storm within his soul, as he sat there, unable to escape the anguish that enveloped him.

Taehyung sat near the garden door, watching the rain cascade down the glass. His eyes were red from crying, his face a picture of despair. The world outside seemed distant and unimportant compared to the storm raging inside him.

The door creaked open, and his mother entered, carrying a tray of food. She approached quietly, her heart aching at the sight of her son's broken state. She set the tray down beside him, the aroma of his favorite dishes wafting through the air.

"Taehyung," she said softly, trying to keep her voice steady. "I brought you some food. You need to eat, dear."

He didn't react, his gaze fixed on the falling rain. His mother sat beside him, tears welling up in her eyes. She reached out, gently touching his hand, but he remained motionless.

"Taehyung, please," she whispered, her voice trembling. "I was wrong. I thought I was protecting you, but I only caused you more pain."

A single tear slipped down Taehyung's cheek. He finally spoke, his voice barely above a whisper, "You said you love me. I thought you loved Y/N too. What was her fault?"

His mother's heart shattered at his words. She wiped her own tears away, feeling utterly helpless. "I do love her, Taehyung. I just wanted to keep you safe. I thought... I thought she was dangerous."

Taehyung turned his head slightly, his eyes meeting hers for the first time. "Dangerous? Y/N is the kindest, most loving person. All she ever wanted was to be with me. What did she do to deserve this?"

"I love you, Taehyung," she repeated, her voice breaking. "And I love Y/N too. I just... I made a mistake. I didn't understand. I'm so sorry."