Crushing

Arianna

I stood in front of the mirror, makeup brush in hand, feeling a bit more like my old self. Today was important—I was heading to the studio to record "Feather" and "Beautiful," and I wanted to put more effort into my look than I had been lately. The past few weeks had been rough, but I was determined to take back control, starting with my appearance.

After carefully applying my makeup, I decided on an outfit that was both stylish and comfortable: cargo pants, a crop top, and a cozy sweater. I took a final glance in the mirror, feeling a surge of confidence.

As I walked downstairs, I ran into Brittany, who was juggling Sterling and Bronze while preparing breakfast.

"Hey, looking good," she said, giving me an approving nod. "Where are you off to?"

"I'm heading to the studio," I replied, grabbing my bag. "Travis and a few of his friends are coming along. We're going to record some new songs."

Brittany raised an eyebrow. "Travis and his friends, huh? Are you sure you don't like him?"

I rolled my eyes, feeling a wave of frustration. "No, Britt. We're just friends. I'm tired of people assuming there's more to it. The media is already blowing things out of proportion."

Brittany softened, giving me an understanding look. "I get it. Just be careful, okay?"

"I will," I promised, giving her a quick hug before heading out.

My security detail was waiting outside, and they drove me to the studio. When I arrived, my music team was already there, setting up the equipment. We quickly got down to business, going over the songs I wanted to record and the melodies I had in mind.

As I was explaining the concept for "Feather," the studio door opened, and Travis walked in with a tall, muscular guy beside him. I recognized him from the bar the other night—Isiah.

"Hey, Arianna," Travis greeted with a smile. "This is my friend Isiah."

Isiah stepped forward, offering his hand. I noticed it was shaking slightly, and I couldn't help but smile.

"Nice to meet you, Isiah," I said, shaking his hand. "Are you nervous?"

Isiah quickly shook his head. "No, not at all."

I raised an eyebrow, amused. "Your hand is shaking."

Travis chuckled, clapping Isiah on the back. "He's not used to being around women."

Isiah laughed, a bit nervously. "Yeah, something like that."

I smiled, feeling more at ease. "Well, don't worry. We're here to have a good time and make some great music."

We settled into the studio, and I began going over the songs with my team. Travis and Isiah found seats in the corner, watching with interest as we worked through the melodies and lyrics. It felt good to be back in my element, surrounded by music and creativity.

Halfway through the session, the studio started to heat up from all the equipment and activity. I pulled off my sweater, leaving me in just my crop top and cargo pants. The cool air felt refreshing against my skin, and I focused on my singing.

As I was picking up a piece of sheet music I had dropped, I felt eyes on me. I glanced up to see Travis and Isiah murmuring to each other.

"Sorry," Isiah said, his face turning slightly red. "I was trying to read what your lower tattoo said."

I laughed, standing up and adjusting my crop top. "It says 'unforgettable'," I replied with a wink.

They both chuckled, and I could see the tension melting away. It felt good to share a light moment amidst the serious work.