Halftime?

Arianna

I woke up feeling energized, ready to dive into my music. The home recording studio was a perfect sanctuary, a place where I could immerse myself in creativity.

Dave, my favorite producer, was already there, setting up the sound equipment. Beth, the lyricist was reviewing some notes by the mixing console. They both looked up as I entered, greeting me with warm smiles. Travis let them in this morning while I was getting ready.

"Morning, Ari," Dave said, adjusting a microphone stand. "Ready to make some magic today?"

"Absolutely," I replied, feeling the familiar thrill of collaboration. "I've got some new ideas I can't wait to share."

We spent the next few hours working through the new song, fine-tuning the melody and experimenting with different arrangements. Beth offered her insights on vocal techniques, helping me hit the perfect notes. It was intense but exhilarating work, and I felt grateful to be surrounded by such talented and supportive people.

In the middle of a take, I heard a soft knock on the door. Turning around, I saw Travis standing there, a supportive smile on his face.

"Hey, you," I said, pausing the recording. "Come on in."

Travis entered, greeting Dave and Beth warmly. "How's it going in here?"

"Great," Dave said, his eyes twinkling with excitement. "Ari's killing it as usual."

Travis walked over to me, giving me a quick kiss. "I just wanted to see how you were doing and maybe listen in for a bit, if that's okay."

"Of course," I said, feeling a surge of affection for him. "I'd love to have you here."

We continued working, and Travis watched attentively, his presence giving me an extra boost of confidence. After a while, we took a break, and I sat down with him on the couch, sipping water.

"How's the album coming along?" he asked, genuine interest in his eyes.

"It's going really well," I said. "We've made a lot of progress. Dave and I were just talking about potential collaborations."

"Anyone in particular?" he asked.

I hesitated, remembering our recent argument about Drake. "Well, Drake was mentioned, but we're still considering options. Abel is always down to do a clown with me."

Travis nodded, his expression thoughtful. "I trust you, Ari. Just do what's best for your music."

Beth and I returned to the piano, ready to tackle a new song. We had been brainstorming ideas for a while, and finally, inspiration struck. I thought of my first time meeting Travis.

"How about something like this?" I suggested, humming a melody. "Something about him being irresistible, yet a bit of a forbidden fruit."

Beth's eyes lit up. "I love it! Let's build on that."

How can it be you and me? 
Might be meant to be 
Can't unsee it 
But I don't wanna cause no scene 
I'm usually so unproblematic 
So independent 
Tell me why 
'Cause the boy is mi-ine 

Something about him is made for somebody like me 
Baby, come over, come over 
And God knows I'm trying, but there's just no use in denying 

The boy is mine 
I can't wait to try him 
Let's get intertwined 
The stars, they aligned 
The boy is mine 
Watch me take my time 
I can't believe my mind 
The boy is divine 
Boy is mine