Birthday Party Part 1

Arianna

The sun filtered through the curtains, casting a warm glow over Brittany's living room. Today was her birthday, and we had planned a special day together. Abel had already left for the venue to check out the stage, promising to meet us there later.

Brittany and I had the house to ourselves, with the kids happily occupied by the nanny. We had scheduled an at-home spa day with an esthetician and massage therapist, and I was looking forward to some much-needed relaxation and sister time.

"Happy birthday, Britt!" I exclaimed as I hugged her tightly. "Ready for a day of pampering?"

Brittany laughed, her eyes sparkling with excitement. "Absolutely! This is going to be amazing."

We settled into the living room, where the esthetician had set up a cozy space for facials and massages. As the esthetician worked on Brittany's face, I felt a sense of peace wash over me. It was just what I needed after the emotional turmoil of the past few days.

"So," Brittany began, her voice casual but curious. "What was up with dinner last night? You seemed a bit off."

I played dumb, trying to brush it off. "Oh, nothing. Just a bit tired, I guess."

Brittany's gaze sharpened. "Ari, did something happen with you and Travis when you were in Kansas?"

I hesitated, the weight of the secret pressing down on me. But then I took a deep breath and decided to come clean. "Yes, something did happen."

Brittany's eyes widened. "What happened?"

I told her everything—about the kiss, the confusion, the emotions that had been tearing me apart. As I spoke, I felt a sense of relief, as if a burden had been lifted from my shoulders.

Brittany listened intently, her expression a mix of surprise and concern. "Ari, why didn't you tell me sooner?"

"I didn't know how to," I admitted. "I was scared and confused. I didn't want to make things more complicated."

Brittany reached out and squeezed my hand. "I'm here for you, always. You can tell me anything."

"Thank you," I said, my voice shaky with emotion. "It feels good to finally talk about it."

The day went on, filled with laughter and relaxation. The massages were heavenly, and we enjoyed facials that left our skin glowing. It was the perfect way to celebrate Brittany's birthday and to spend some quality time together.

As the evening approached, I went to get ready for the party. I picked out a sleek black dress that hugged my curves and applied my makeup with care. I wanted to look my best, not just for the party, but for myself. It was a night to celebrate Brittany, but it was also a chance for me to face everything that had been happening.

Once I was ready, I joined Brittany and Patrick, who were both beaming with excitement. "You look stunning, Ari," Brittany said, giving me a hug.

"Thanks, Britt. You look amazing too."

We headed out to the venue, the anticipation building. I couldn't wait to see Abel perform and to enjoy the night with friends and family. As we arrived, the energy of the party enveloped us.

The venue was buzzing with energy as we walked in. Familiar faces were everywhere—some of the players, Brittany's friends, and acquaintances. The atmosphere was lively and filled with excitement. I couldn't help but feel a bit nervous, but also thrilled to be part of this celebration for Brittany.

As we moved through the crowd, I caught sight of Travis and his girlfriend, Kayla. My heart skipped a beat, and I quickly looked away, trying to avoid any interaction. I needed to be wherever Kayla wasn't. It was too painful to see them together, knowing what had happened between Travis and me.

I glanced around, noting that our parents couldn't make it as they were in Italy. I quickly texted Abel to see where he was.

"Backstage," he replied.

I made my way through the crowd and headed backstage. As I entered, I was greeted by the sight of Abel preparing for his performance. A wave of relief washed over me.

"Hey, Abel," I called out, walking up to him.

He turned and smiled. "Hey, Ari. Ready for tonight?"

I nodded. "Yeah, I just needed to escape for a bit. Thanks for doing this."

Abel grinned. "If I'm going to do a free show, I'm making it a good free show."

I hugged him tightly. "Thank you so much. This means a lot."

"Anything for you," he said, giving me a reassuring squeeze.

I took a deep breath, feeling a bit more at ease. "I'm going to go out there to announce you. Let's make this a night to remember."

I grabbed the mic and walked onto the stage, the lights bright and the crowd quieting down as they noticed me. I took a deep breath and smiled.

"Hi everyone!" I began, my voice carrying over the crowd. "Today is my best friend and my big sister's birthday. So of course, she asked me to plan an impromptu concert."

Laughter rippled through the audience, and I felt the tension ease.

"I hope you're all ready for an incredible night," I continued. "Because we have something special for you. Here is my friend The Weeknd!"

The crowd erupted into cheers and applause as Abel walked onto the stage, flashing me a grateful smile. I handed him the mic and stepped back, watching as he took over, his presence commanding and magnetic.

"Thank you, Jade," he said, his voice smooth and confident. "Let's get this party started!"

The music started, and the energy in the room surged. I watched from the side, my heart swelling with pride and happiness. This night was for Brittany, but it was also a reminder of the incredible people in my life and the support they gave me.

Throughout the concert, I could feel Travis's eyes on me. It was a constant pressure, but I tried my best to ignore it. Tonight was about celebrating Brittany, not dealing with the complicated mess between Travis and me.

I focused on having fun, dancing along to the music and cheering for Abel. The crowd was electric, and I let myself get lost in the moment. I didn't want any drama to overshadow Brittany's birthday. She deserved a perfect night.

As I danced, I glanced over and saw Travis standing with Kayla. His eyes met mine, and for a brief moment, everything else faded away. But I quickly looked away, forcing myself to focus on the music and the joy of the night.

Abel was putting on an incredible show, and I felt grateful to have him as a friend. The music, the lights, the energy of the crowd—it all came together to create a magical evening.

Despite the tension and unspoken words between Travis and me, I was determined to make the most of tonight. This was a celebration of life, love, and friendship, and I wasn't going to let anything ruin it.