Waiting Game

Travis

It had been a day since Arianna left for the Netherlands, and I hadn't heard from her yet. The house felt empty without her, and I couldn't shake the feeling of missing her deeply. I checked my phone constantly, hoping for a text or a call, but it remained silent.

Scrolling through social media, I saw fans had posted pictures of Arianna and Theo walking around in the it Netherlands. They looked like they were having a great time, smiling and laughing together. My gut tightened, but I reminded myself of our talk. I needed to keep my jealousy in check. Theo was a friend, nothing more.

But deep down, a nagging worry persisted. What if she found someone better? Someone more on her level, someone who could be there with her all the time? I hated that I felt this way, but it was hard to control. Arianna was amazing, and sometimes I wondered if I was good enough for her.

I pushed those thoughts aside and tried to focus on my training. We had a big game coming up, and I needed to stay sharp. But no matter how hard I tried, my mind kept drifting back to her. I decided to reach out, just to check in.

I hit send and hoped she'd reply soon. Needing a distraction, I headed to the gym. The familiar routine of lifting weights and pushing my body to its limits helped clear my mind. But even as I worked out, I couldn't shake the worry gnawing at me.

After the gym, I grabbed a protein shake and sat down, scrolling through the pictures fans had posted. Seeing Arianna so happy made me smile, but the images of her and Theo still stirred something uneasy inside me. I had to remind myself that trust was the foundation of our relationship.

Later that evening, my phone buzzed. I quickly grabbed it, hoping it was Arianna. To my relief, it was.

Text from Arianna:
"Hey, made it to the Netherlands safely! Spent the day sightseeing with Theo. It was nice to unwind a bit. Miss you already."

I let out a breath I didn't realize I was holding. Seeing her message made me feel instantly better.

Text to Arianna:
"Glad you made it safe, babe. Sounds like a fun day. I miss you too. Knock 'em dead tomorrow."

She replied with a heart emoji, and I felt a sense of relief wash over me. Maybe this distance was harder than I'd anticipated, but our love was strong enough to handle it. I just needed to keep reminding myself of that.

As I lay in bed that night, I thought about our future. I knew we had a lot to overcome, but I believed in us. No matter the distance or the challenges, we could get through it together. I just had to trust in our love and in her.