Chapter Twenty Nine

Y/n's POV
I stood proudly by the door, hands on my hips, watching the girls eat with smiles on their faces. Seeing them happy made me smile too, but something felt off; there were only four of them on the couch...

"Y/n..." My breath caught as I felt arms wrap around my waist from behind. It was Haerin, her warm breath on my neck sending shivers down my spine. I tried to turn around, but she tightened her grip, causing me to stumble slightly.

"H-Haerin, you should eat now–"

"Did you like our performance?" Haerin asked, her voice hinting at a smile.

"Yes, you guys were so good," I replied, trying to remain calm. I heard her giggle, then she buried her face in the back of my neck, giving me goosebumps. Her hands slowly moved from my waist to my shoulders, and she turned me around.

"You look tense," she smirked. "Let me help you relax, Y/n."

"Haerin, what are y-you doing?" I asked nervously, feeling her hands slide down to my chest and stroke it gently, like she was dusting off my clothes.

"Calming you down," she said softly.

"I'm fine, you don't have to worry about me," I insisted.

Haerin leaned in closer, her lips dangerously close to mine. "But I like worrying about you," she whispered, her breath tickling my skin.

I looked around the room seeing all of them busy, it is a relief for me that no one seems to notice our interaction, maybe it is because there's a curtain that kind of blocks the view of the door.

I tried to maintain my composure, but her proximity was making it difficult to focus. "Haerin, we shouldn't–"

"Shh," she hushed me, pressing a finger against my lips. "Just relax, Y/n. Let me take care of you."

Before I could protest further, she closed the gap between us, her lips capturing mine in a gentle yet electrifying kiss. My heart raced as I melted into her embrace, unable to resist her magnetic pull.

As the kiss deepened, I found myself getting lost in the moment, forgetting all about the world around us. Haerin's touch was intoxicating, and for that brief moment, nothing else mattered except the two of us.

But just as quickly as it began, Haerin pulled away, leaving me breathless. She smirked at my dazed expression, her eyes twinkling with mischief.

"See? All better now," she teased, before walking off with a satisfied grin, leaving me standing there, still trying to catch my breath.

I watched as Haerin approached her members, relief flooding through me as I saw her interacting normally with Minji. "Unnie!" Haerin exclaimed, greeted by Minji's caring response. "Where have you been? You should eat now, Haerin-ah," Minji said, her tone gentle as always.

I sighed and pushed myself off the wall, my mind still reeling from the earlier encounter with Haerin. It was like she had transformed into a completely different person, leaving me bewildered and unsure of how to react.

Deciding to join them, I plastered on a smile, attempting to conceal my nervousness. "I was just trying to calm Y/n down," Haerin explained between bites of food, seemingly unfazed by the tension that still lingered in the air.

I nodded, trying to act nonchalant despite the turmoil inside me. "Yeah, Haerin just wanted to make sure I was okay," I added, forcing a smile as I took a seat next to Minji.

Haerin shot me a glance, her eyes sparkling with mischief. "Of course, gotta take care of our manager, right?" she said with a playful wink, causing Minji to chuckle and nudge her gently.

I chuckled awkwardly, feeling a mixture of relief and unease at Haerin's teasing. As we ate together, I couldn't shake the feeling that things between us had shifted somehow, and I wasn't sure where we stood anymore.

Throughout the meal, I found myself stealing glances at Haerin, trying to decipher the sudden change in her behavior. Was it just playful banter, or was there something more behind her actions?

Lost in my thoughts, I barely noticed when Minji nudged me, breaking me out of my reverie. "Earth to Y/n, are you okay?" she asked, concern evident in her voice.

I forced a smile and nodded, "Yeah, I'm fine. Just tired, I guess."

Minji studied me for a moment before giving me a reassuring smile. "Well, make sure to get some rest after this. We have a big day tomorrow," she said, her tone gentle yet firm.

-
Guys! Don't sleep yet, I am still updating (huff!)