7

In the dimly lit Slytherin common room, y/n was lounging on one of the plush sofas, engaged in a light-hearted debate with Theo and Blaise about the best Quidditch players of the decade. The crackling of the fireplace added a cozy warmth to the atmosphere, mellowing the chill of the dungeon around them.

As laughter bubbled from the group, the common room door swung open, and Pansy strode in, his expression more serious than usual. His eyes scanned the room until they landed on y/n. Noticing his somber mood, she excused herself from the conversation and stood to meet him.

"Can we talk? In private?" Pansy's voice was low, ensuring only y/n could hear.

"Of course," y/n replied, curiosity piqued by his tone. They moved towards a quieter corner of the common room, away from curious ears.

Once secluded, Pansy leaned in slightly, her gaze intense. "Did you tell Potter the truth about being related?" she asked quietly, her eyes searching y/n's for any hint of reaction.

y/n nodded, her expression somber. "Yes, I told him. But, Pans, it didn't go well. He doesn't believe me... He thinks it's just another secret people kept from him. He's hurt."

Pansy exhaled sharply, running a hand through her chestnut hair. "I figured it wouldn't be easy for him to accept. Potter always gets the short end of the stick when it comes to family revelations," she commented, her usual disdain for Harry somewhat softened by genuine concern in his tone.

"I just want him to know he's not alone, that he has a family who cares," y/n murmured, feeling a mix of frustration and sadness.

Pansy placed a reassuring hand on her shoulder. "You did what you could, y/n. Maybe he needs time to process it. He'll come around eventually; he has to see that you're sincere."

y/n gave a small, appreciative smile, feeling a bit relieved by Pansy's support. "Thank you, Pans. I hope he does. I hate seeing him so isolated."

"Come on, let's go back. Let's not let Potter's drama ruin our evening," Pansy suggested, a playful smirk returning to her face as they walked back to rejoin their friends, trying to shake off the heavy mood and dive back into the lighter atmosphere of their discussion.

***

Y/n and Draco hurried through the labyrinthine corridors of Hogwarts, their footsteps echoing off the ancient stone walls as they tried to find their way to Potions class. Being first-years, they were still getting accustomed to the sprawling castle's layout, and today seemed particularly disorienting.

"We're going to be late again," Y/n muttered, frustration evident in her voice as they took yet another wrong turn.

Draco sighed in exasperation, his brow furrowed in annoyance. "If we get detention because of this, I swear..."

Their conversation was interrupted by the sudden appearance of a third-year Slytherin girl with hazel eyes and long brown hair, who seemed to materialize out of thin air.

"Lost, are we?" she asked with a knowing smile, her tone laced with amusement.

Y/n and Draco exchanged glances, relieved to have encountered someone who might be able to help them. "Yeah, we're trying to get to Potions," Y/n admitted sheepishly.

The Slytherin girl nodded in understanding. "No worries, I can show you the way. I'm Hope Murray, by the way," she introduced herself, extending a hand in greeting.

Y/n shook her hand gratefully, a smile tugging at her lips. "I'm Y/n Grants, and this is Draco Malfoy."

Draco offered a curt nod of acknowledgment, his expression still slightly tense from their predicament.