25

After days of thinking and feeling torn between her loyalty to Cedric and her unresolved feelings for Draco, y/n finally made a decision. She realized that she needed to be honest with herself and with Cedric about where her heart truly lay. Despite deciding this, she hadn't mustered the courage to act on her decision yet.

Each day that passed, she found herself observing Cedric's genuine care and affection, which only added weight to her guilt and indecision. The knowledge of needing to end things hovered in her mind, but finding the right moment to break the news seemed increasingly daunting. Cedric, oblivious to the storm brewing within her, continued to treat her with his usual kindness and attention, which only complicated her feelings further.

She knew she had to talk to Cedric soon, to clear the air and be fair to both of them, but the thought of hurting someone who had been nothing but wonderful filled her with dread. As she watched him laugh with friends or look at her with affection, she felt her resolve waver, caught between her affection for him and her unresolved passionate desire to be with Draco. The situation was heart-wrenching, and y/n felt stuck, unsure how to bridge the gap between her decision and her actions.

Y/N wandered through the corridors of Hogwarts, her heart heavy with the decision she had to make. She knew she needed to talk to Cedric, to end things before they went any further, but the thought of hurting him was almost too much to bear. Cedric had been nothing but kind and loving, and she felt a deep sense of guilt for the turmoil she was about to bring into his life.

She found Cedric in the courtyard, sitting on a bench under a sprawling oak tree, reading a book. The afternoon sun cast dappled shadows around him, and he looked up with a warm smile as she approached.

"Hey, Y/N," he greeted, closing his book and standing up to meet her. "I was just thinking about you. How are you?"

Y/N forced a smile, her heart pounding in her chest. "Hi, Cedric. Can we talk? There's something I need to tell you."

Cedric's expression shifted to one of concern as he led her to the bench. They sat down, and he turned to face her, giving her his full attention. "Of course, Y/N. What's on your mind?"

Taking a deep breath, Y/N looked into Cedric's eyes, which were filled with genuine concern and affection. The words she had rehearsed in her mind seemed to evaporate, leaving her feeling vulnerable and uncertain. She glanced down at her hands, which were tightly clasped in her lap.

"Cedric, you've been nothing but wonderful to me," she began, her voice trembling slightly. "And I... I care about you a lot. But there's something I need to be honest about."

Cedric reached out and gently took her hands in his, his touch warm and reassuring. "Y/N, whatever it is, you can tell me. We'll figure it out together."

Her resolve wavered as she felt the sincerity in his touch and heard the kindness in his voice. The thought of breaking his heart was unbearable, and the words she had planned to say caught in her throat. She swallowed hard, trying to summon the courage to continue.

"I... I just..." Y/N's voice faltered, and she looked away, tears welling up in her eyes. "It's so hard, Cedric. I don't want to hurt you."

Cedric's brow furrowed with worry, and he gently lifted her chin, coaxing her to meet his gaze. "Y/N, please. Whatever it is, we can handle it. Just tell me."

Feeling the weight of her emotions pressing down on her, Y/N took a shaky breath. "Cedric, I... I think we need to..."

She stopped, the words catching in her throat. Cedric's eyes were filled with such genuine concern and love that she couldn't bring herself to say it. The thought of seeing his smile fade, of causing him pain, was too much to bear.