38

The next morning, the grounds of Hogwarts were blanketed in a fresh layer of snow. Y/N wrapped herself in her luxurious, expensive fur coat, its warmth a welcome shield against the biting cold. She met up with her Slytherin friends—Pansy, Theodore, Blaise, Crabbe, Goyle, Draco, and Hope—ready for a trip to Hogsmeade.

As they strolled through the streets, the snow crunching under their boots, the atmosphere was lively and filled with the holiday spirit. The shops were decorated with twinkling lights and festive garlands, and the aroma of hot chocolate and freshly baked goods wafted through the air.

Pansy linked arms with Y/N, pulling her closer. "So, Y/N, are you buying a gift for your secret boyfriend today?" she teased, a playful smirk on her lips.

Y/N rolled her eyes but couldn't suppress a smile. "Maybe I am, Pans. Maybe I am."

As they passed by Tomes and Scrolls, a quaint bookshop with a charming, old-world facade, Y/N made the group stop, her eyes lighting up at the sight of the shop. "Wait, I need to buy a scholarly book for Hermione and a new novel for Aurora."

Blaise smirked at Theo, a mischievous glint in his eye. "Buying books, huh?"

Theo caught the hint and joined in with a chuckle. "Maybe the scholarly book isn't for the know-it-all Mudblood. Maybe it's for the secret lover."

Blaise nodded sagely. "If he's into scholarly books, then he must be a Ravenclaw."

Goyle, eager to contribute, started naming random Ravenclaws. "Could it be Terry Boot? Or maybe Anthony Goldstein?"

Y/N, her tone playful, rolled her eyes and laughed. "You guys have a wide imagination."

Pansy added with a grin, "Come on, Y/N, give us something to work with. At least tell us if he's good-looking."

Y/N shook her head, still laughing. "You'll just have to keep guessing."

Draco, who had been quietly observing, finally spoke up, his tone dry but amused. "Let her buy her books in peace. We have enough to carry already."

The group followed Y/N into Tomes and Scrolls, the bell above the door chiming softly as they entered. Inside, the shelves were lined with books of all kinds, from ancient tomes to the latest novels. The smell of parchment and leather filled the air, adding to the cozy atmosphere.

Y/N wandered through the aisles, her friends trailing behind. She found a hefty tome on advanced magical theory for Hermione and a popular new novel for Aurora. As she browsed, her friends continued their playful banter.

"Maybe the novel is for the boyfriend," Theo suggested with a wink.

Blaise nodded. "He must be quite the bookworm."

Y/N shook her head, laughing. "You guys are relentless."

Pansy sidled up next to her, peering at the book in her hand. "At least tell us if he's good-looking. A brainy guy with looks? Now that's something."

Y/N smirked, enjoying the game. "You'll just have to keep guessing, won't you?"

After making her purchases, Y/N rejoined the group at the front of the shop. They stepped back into the cold, the snowflakes swirling around them like tiny dancers.

Theo leaned in close to Y/N, whispering conspiratorially. "You know, you could just tell us. Save us the trouble of all this guessing."

Y/N laughed, shaking her head. "And where would be the fun in that?"

Blaise slung an arm around her shoulders, grinning. "Alright, keep your secrets. Just remember, we'll find out eventually."

Their next stop was Gladrags Wizardwear, a shop known for its stylish and high-quality men's clothing. Pansy stopped by the window, eyeing a sleek suit displayed on a mannequin. "I need to buy a new suit for my father," she declared, leading the group inside.