18

In the cozy confines of the Slytherin common room, Draco sat pensively by the crackling fireplace, his thoughts swirling with uncertainty. Hope, ever perceptive to his moods, settled beside him, her expression one of determined encouragement.

"Draco, what's eating at you?" she asked, her tone gentle yet insistent.

Draco sighed, running a hand through his sleek blond hair. "It's y/n," he admitted, his voice tinged with frustration. "I can't shake this feeling that I need to talk to her, but I don't even know where to start."

Hope leaned closer, her eyes locking with his in unwavering support. "Then start by asking her to the Yule Ball," she suggested, her words firm. "You've been dancing around this for far too long, Draco. It's time to make a move."

Draco shifted uncomfortably, his gaze flickering to the dancing flames. "But what if she says no? What if she laughs in my face?"

Hope shook her head, her confidence unwavering. "She won't, Draco. Trust me, y/n cares about you more than you realize. And besides, what's the worst that could happen? At least you'll have your answer, and you can move forward from there."

Draco chewed on her words, the weight of her logic sinking in. "I suppose you're right," he conceded reluctantly. "But it's just... different now, Hope. We're not children anymore. Things between y/n and me have become... complicated."

Hope reached out, placing a reassuring hand on his arm. "I know, Draco. But some things never change, and your bond with y/n is one of them. You two attended countless balls together when you were little. This is just another dance, a chance to reconnect."

Draco mulled over her words, his resolve wavering. "I don't know, Hope. It's just... daunting."

But Hope wasn't about to let him back down now. "Come on, Draco," she urged, her voice laced with determination. "You owe it to yourself to at least try. Take a leap of faith. Who knows? This could be the start of something incredible."

Draco met her gaze, finding strength in her unwavering support. With a deep breath, he straightened his posture, a newfound determination settling over him. "You're right, Hope. It's time to stop overthinking and start acting."

A smile tugged at the corners of Hope's lips as she watched Draco's resolve solidify. "That's the spirit," she praised, her eyes gleaming with pride. "Now, I heard y/n tell Pansy she's going to the Astronomy Tower tonight for some fresh air. That's your opportunity. Follow her there and just ask her to the ball. You've got this, Draco."

With a grateful nod, Draco rose from his seat, the fire of determination burning brightly in his eyes. "Thanks, Hope. I won't forget this."

As y/n emerged from her dorm, she opted for comfort in her choice of attire, yet her casual ensemble still retained an air of understated elegance. She wore a soft, oversized knit sweater in a rich emerald green hue, the fabric draping loosely over her frame and providing a cozy warmth against the chill of the castle corridors. Paired with this, she donned a pair of form-fitting black leggings that hugged her slender legs, offering both comfort and style.

On her feet, she wore a pair of sleek black ankle boots, their polished leather gleaming softly in the dim light of the hallway. The low heels provided just enough lift to add a subtle touch of sophistication to her look without sacrificing comfort. Her hair fell in loose waves around her shoulders, the golden strands catching the light as she moved with graceful ease.

As she made her way past the Slytherin common room, y/n caught sight of Draco and Hope engaged in conversation, their voices hushed and their expressions earnest. Unaware of the fact that their discussion revolved around her, she couldn't shake the feeling of unease that settled in the pit of her stomach as she watched them interact.