24

As Y/N walked off the detention room, her heart sank as she beheld Cedric standing there waiting for her, a gentle smile gracing his lips as he held out a bouquet of yellow flowers. His gesture, so full of kindness and understanding, only served to deepen the guilt that gnawed at her insides.

Taking the flowers with trembling hands, Y/N accepted Cedric's soft kiss on her cheek, his warmth seeping into her skin. "I know what Malfoy had gotten you into," Cedric murmured, his voice laced with concern. "I'll deal with him. But for now, I just want you to feel better."

Those words, spoken with such unwavering support, only intensified the turmoil within Y/N. How could she betray someone as kind and caring as Cedric? The weight of her guilt threatened to suffocate her as she struggled to find the words to respond.

Forced to confront the truth of her actions, Y/N felt the weight of her deception press heavily upon her. She had cheated on Cedric, the very person who had shown her nothing but love and understanding. And now, as she stood before him, clutching the flowers he had given her, she couldn't escape the crushing weight of her own guilt.

As they strolled together, Cedric's voice washed over Y/N in a gentle stream of words, but she struggled to grasp their meaning. Her thoughts were a turbulent whirlwind, swirling with conflicting emotions that left her feeling utterly lost.

The memory of her encounter with Draco lingered in her mind like a shadow, his touch still burning upon her skin, his words echoing in her ears. Despite her efforts to push them away, her desires for him simmered just beneath the surface, threatening to consume her.

Yet, alongside that burning desire was a profound affection and respect for Cedric. His unwavering support and understanding had always been a source of comfort for her, a beacon of light in her darkest moments. How could she betray someone who had shown her nothing but kindness and love?

And then there was the weight of guilt that hung heavy upon her shoulders, threatening to crush her beneath its unbearable burden. Cheating on Cedric wasn't just a betrayal of their relationship—it was a betrayal of everything she had been taught by Aiden, the man who had raised her with principles of loyalty and justice.

Cedric's voice broke through Y/N's reverie, his concern palpable as he took in her distant expression. Concern etched lines into his usually relaxed features, and he reached out to gently touch her arm, drawing her attention back to him.

"What's wrong, darling?" he asked softly, his voice filled with genuine worry. "Is it Malfoy? Did he do something to you? Because if he did, I'll—"

Y/N's heart constricted at the intensity in Cedric's voice, the protective instinct evident in his words. She placed a hand on his arm, shaking her head gently to interrupt his train of thought.

"No, Cedric, it's not Draco," she murmured, her voice barely above a whisper. "It's just... everything. I feel like I'm being torn in a million different directions."

Cedric's expression softened as he registered her words, his concern shifting to empathy as he wrapped her in a comforting embrace.

"You don't have to face it alone, Y/N," he reassured her, his voice warm and soothing. "Whatever it is, we'll figure it out together. Just tell me what's on your mind."

"Darling" he added gently, his voice laced with understanding, "you don't have to hide anything from me. I can see that something's been bothering you for a while now. Please, let me help you."

Y/N's gaze softened at his words, a mixture of gratitude and guilt swirling in her eyes. She knew Cedric deserved the truth, but the thought of revealing her tangled emotions was overwhelming.