26

That evening, Draco's heart was heavy with pain and jealousy. The image of Y/N with Cedric haunted him, and the emotional turmoil he felt was almost unbearable. Desperate for some solace, he sought out Hope, who had always provided wise advice and a comforting presence. However, when he checked her dorm and the common room, she was nowhere to be found.

Determined to find her, Draco wandered through the castle, his footsteps echoing in the dimly lit corridors. As he approached a dark staircase, he heard the unmistakable sound of someone crying. Following the sound, he found Hope crumpled on the steps, sobbing loudly, a letter clutched tightly in her hand.

"Hope?" Draco called gently, his voice filled with concern as he approached her cautiously. "What's wrong?"

Hope looked up, her tear-streaked face contorted with grief. "It's my mother," she choked out between sobs. "She... she passed away."

Draco's own problems suddenly seemed insignificant in comparison. His heart ached for Hope, and without hesitation, he knelt beside her. He wrapped his arms around her, pulling her close to his chest. "I'm so sorry, Hope," he whispered, his voice tender and soothing. "I'm here for you."

Hope sobbed louder, her body shaking with the intensity of her grief. Draco held her tighter, gently stroking her hair and murmuring comforting words. "It's okay to cry," he said softly. "Just let it all out. I'm right here."

For a long time, they stayed like that, Draco providing the steady support Hope needed. He could feel her anguish, and it resonated deeply within him. In that moment, nothing else mattered but being there for his friend. He listened as she poured out her heart, talking about her mother and the pain of losing her.

"My mother was everything to me," Hope whispered through her tears. "I don't know how I'll go on without her."

Draco's heart ached at her words, and he continued to hold her, offering as much comfort as he could. "You'll get through this, Hope," he assured her, his voice firm but gentle. "You're strong, and you have friends who care about you. We'll help you through this."

Hope clung to Draco, her sobs gradually subsiding as she took solace in his presence. They sat there in the dim staircase, the weight of their respective burdens shared and momentarily lightened by their companionship.

Y/n, having mustered the courage to face Cedric and reveal the conflicting emotions she harbored, to end things with him and run back to her Draco, tiptoed out of the Slytherin dormitory late at night. Her heart was heavy, her resolve shaky, but she knew she needed to clear the air with Cedric. As she silently made her way through the dimly lit corridors, her steps slowed as she left the common room. Through the sliver of open doorway, a scene unfolded that stopped her in her tracks.

Draco, the person who had been occupying her thoughts incessantly, was there with Hope. They were close, too close, his arms around her in a comforting embrace. The sight was a jarring blow; her mind raced to the worst conclusions. Jealousy and betrayal surged through her, twisting the knife of misunderstanding deeper. She couldn't see the tears or hear the truth of their conversation; all she saw was the intimacy of the moment.

As Y/N descended the stairs, her heart heavy with the weight of her decision, the sight of Draco holding Hope so close, their embrace filled with an intimacy that shattered her illusions. The sight before her was like a knife to her heart, tearing through her with painful clarity. She misunderstood the situation, her mind jumping to conclusions that broke her spirit. The boy she loved was holding another girl, and the betrayal cut her deeply.

Tears spilled from her innocent doe eyes as she continued her ascent to the Astronomy Tower, each step heavier than the last. She tried to hold back the sobs that threatened to escape her, but the pain was too great to contain. When she reached the top, she found Cedric waiting for her, his expression filled with concern and confusion.