𝑃𝑟𝑒-𝑒𝑛𝑔𝑎𝑔𝑒𝑚𝑒𝑛𝑡 𝑃𝑟𝑒𝑝𝑒𝑟𝑎𝑡𝑖𝑜𝑛

𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 39
𝗧𝗵𝗲 𝗣𝗿𝗲 𝗲𝗻𝗴𝗮𝗴𝗲𝗺𝗲𝗻𝘁 𝗣𝗿𝗲𝗽𝗮𝗿𝗮𝘁𝗶𝗼𝗻 𝗯𝗲𝗴𝗶𝗻𝘀

It's the day before the engagement, and there's so much work to be done. Even the furniture seems to be Busy from the hustle and bustles. Indian weddings have a unique charm, don't they? They bring everyone together. And so, the wedding season has begun at the house of Nisha. The excitement of the kids and the nervousness of the elders create a delightful chaos.

"Raj! Raj! idhar aah!" Devika called, Raj walked over energetically, sensing the urgency.

"Tu! aur koi ek jaake, woh Billu Chacha ko mere blouse jaldi se silne ko bol—" she started, and Raj nodded, turning to leave. "Ruk! Puri baat sun. Payal ki woh kal wali saree deh fasl ke liye ja!" She added. Raj stood in confusion.

"Kounsi saree?" His brain momentarily froze.

"Jo kal khareeda tha," she replied, exasperated.

"Kal aap sabne 100 se bhi zyada saree khareeda hoga, mujhe kaise pata!" he chuckled. Devika placed her hand on wrist.

"Jaake Nishu se puch, jaldi jaldi!" Raj nodded and dashed upstairs to find Nisha.

The house buzzed with a frenetic energy, every corner alive with preparations. The sound of laughter mixed with the clatter of dishes and the rustle of fabric. As Raj reached Nisha's room, he found her tangled between the fabric while she instructed the Wedding planner about the settlement of decorations.

"Ohh! Pagal Ek Kaam Hai Chal!" He dragged her without any warning.

"Oh Bhai! Kaam kar rahi hu, kisi aur ko dhund!" she protested, returning to scold the decorator.

He sighed, watching Nisha go back to her task. "Wese nahi bhaiya, yeh nah yaha se uss..." Shaking his head, he went to find Payal.

"Payal!" She was in the kitchen, busy with her assigned duties.

"Kya hua?" she asked, flipping a copy and scratching her head with one hand.

"Tera koi saree fhasl ke liye lejana hai?" Her eyes widened in realization. "Haan, meri almaree ke woh upar wali bhag mein hai jab." Raj exhaustedly ran off, continuing her duty.

The air buzzed with excitement and laughter, mingled with the occasional clink of decorations being hung and the hum of kitchen appliances. Every corner of the house was alive with movement.

In the living room, strings of fairy lights were being carefully draped across the ceiling, casting a warm, inviting glow. Aunts and cousins, their hands deft and practiced, adorned the walls with colorful tapestries and floral garlands, their chatter filling the room with a sense of community and joy. The scent of fresh flowers mingled with the rich aroma of spices wafting from the kitchen, where a team of family members prepared an array of traditional dishes.

Pooja, a mix of nerves and excitement evident on her face, moved from room to room, ensuring everything was coming together as planned. She exchanged smiles and reassuring words with her mother, who orchestrated the kitchen activities with the precision of a seasoned conductor.

"Maa!" she called to Parama, who turned and approached her while drying her hands on the edge of her saree. "Mil gaya? Idhar aah!" Pooja sat on the chair and jiggled the bangles.

"Yeh kiske chudiya hai? Meine toh kabhi nahi dekhi," Pooja said, trying to fit them on her wrist. Parama patted her head, her eyes welling up.

"Radhika ne tere liye banaya tha. Ek number ki ajuba rhi woh bhi...Janti hai jab tum aur Nishu 5 saal ke the, tab mujhe bolti," she wiped the tear from her eye corner.