27

Chapter 27: Sweeping the Department Store

If you ask what kind of car Xu Qingli hates riding, it is of course the bus or the passenger bus. As soon as you get on the bus, there is a smell of gasoline.

Oh my God! Let alone smelling it, Xu Qingli starts to feel dizzy just by imagining the smell.

People in this world are weird. She gets carsick and wants to vomit when she smells gasoline, while some people like it.

For example, Brother Gu, he kept saying, "I just like this gasoline smell!"

Xu Qingli's face was distorted.

She started to feel carsick before the bus even started!

It was simply unbearable!

Fortunately, she had experience. Before she set off, she sprayed some of her previous life's perfume, the gardenia scent, on her scarf.

She felt much better instantly.

The bus started at around 7:10, and the car was shaking. Xu Qingli was a little sleepy because she got up too early. She covered her nose with her scarf and planned to take a nap.

Brother Gu was already chatting with the man in the front seat. Xu Qingli closed her eyes and fell asleep.

Three hours later.

The bus arrived at the provincial capital. It was Brother Gu who woke her up. Xu Qingli looked at the time and it was half past ten.

After getting off the bus, Xu Qingli and Brother Gu found a guesthouse and planned to catch up on sleep.

But they had to eat lunch first. It had been seven hours since three in the morning.

Xu Qingli was already hungry.

"Brother, let's go out for dinner first."

She took Brother Gu into the state-owned restaurant and looked at the menu. There was braised pork in red sauce, so they had braised pork with rice.

"Sister-in-law, let's just buy two steamed buns." Brother Gu tugged at Xu Qingli's sleeve and whispered.

He had eaten well enough these days. He had rabbit meat the day before yesterday, mutton noodle soup last night, and dumplings this morning.

What he had eaten these two days was better than what he had eaten in a year.

Xu Qingli turned around, "But brother, I don't want to eat steamed buns."

"Then...then help me get a steamed bun! Here are the food coupons." As he said that, Brother Gu was about to take out the coupons from his pocket.

Xu Qingli held him down, "No need, big brother, I have it here. Big brother, you came with me, so I should pay for your food and accommodation."

She ordered a portion of braised pork, two portions of rice, and two bottles of orange-flavored soda.

Big brother Gu felt that his sister-in-law was too good at spending money. Children from big cities were different from these village kids!

The old master had good skills. The braised pork was crystal clear, fat but not greasy, soft, glutinous and sweet. She and Big brother Gu ate it all, and even used the soup to mix with rice.

Finally, she took a sip of orange-flavored soda, which was perfect.

Big brother Gu sighed in his heart that life was just like this. It would be great if he could eat braised pork every day in the future.

It was the first time he ate so much braised pork. He used to eat only one or two bites.

After dinner, the two of them went back to the guesthouse and went to sleep.