42

Chapter 42 Let's sleep together

"Qingli, I'll take care of Changsen here, don't worry, I'll call you if he has a fever." Gu Changlin said.

Xu Qingli nodded, went over and pulled the quilt up, covering his shoulders, "Did you not sleep all night?"

"I'm not groggy, I didn't sleep too deeply."

If he slept too deeply, he was afraid that Gu Changsen would have a fever in the middle of the night and he wouldn't know. There was a child in the village who had a fever in the middle of the night. The parents slept too deeply and the child's brain was directly burned.

"Then call me if you have anything, I'll go see Yueyue."

"Okay, go."

Eldest brother is like father, eldest sister-in-law is like mother, these two sentences Xu Qingli realized tonight.

After drinking two spoons of ibuprofen, Changyue's high fever subsided, but Xu Qingli didn't dare to sleep, she was afraid that the child would have a fever again.

Changyue, because of her premature birth, had a weak constitution and had not been breastfed for several months, so her resistance was weaker than other children.

She should not have been taken out to play by Changsen in the winter. Even if she was indoors, she would catch a cold on the way back and forth.

Fortunately, she did not have a fever in the next few hours. Xu Qingli saw that it was getting late, so she got up to cook.

The two children caught a cold and probably had no appetite, so Xu Qingli planned to make some porridge for them.

Egg and lean meat porridge, steamed buns.

When eating breakfast, the two were listless, like eggplants hit by frost. They said their mouths were bitter, they did not want to eat, and they had no appetite.

"Eat something, you have to take medicine later!"

Gu Changsen took the bowl and drank two mouthfuls of porridge, then put it down again, and Gu Changyue did the same.

Xu Qingli thought for a moment, "Wait, I'll make you some kimchi."

She went to the east room and got some kimchi, cut them into cubes, and put them in a bowl. Xu Qingli scooped a spoonful of it into the porridge, tasted it, and it was not bad.

It tasted good, so she said, "Changsen, put it in the porridge."

Hearing this, Gu Changsen also made some, "It's delicious!"

"Then eat all the porridge." Xu Qingli said as she fed Gu Changyue, "Yueyue, have a bite."

"Ah!" Little Gu Changyue opened his mouth and drank a sip.

The two children caught a cold, and Changsen looked better, after all, he was older and had stronger resistance.

Gu Changyue, with a runny nose, looked like he was about to cry, and felt very uncomfortable and clingy.

"Qingli, I'm done. Let me feed you. You eat."

Gu Changlin took the bowl from Xu Qingli. Xu Qingli looked at him. "So fast, are you full?"

Gu Changlin said, "I'm full. I eat fast."

"Okay."

Xu Qingli said to Gu Changyue, "Eat well, Yueyue. Sister-in-law will open the can for you later."

When the little girl heard that she was going to be fed canned food, her eyes lit up and she nodded. "I'll eat."

"Okay, good boy."