47

Chapter 47 New Year Greetings

After Xu Qingli had finished admiring little Gu Changyue, she took out ten yuan from her pocket, "Yueyue, this is the New Year's money that sister-in-law gave you, keep it well."

"Changsen, this is yours." She also gave Gu Changsen ten yuan.

Gu Changsen was shocked, his eyes widened,

"Sister-in-law, so much, you give it all to me?"

"Of course, but keep it well and don't lose it." Xu Qingli is never stingy with her family.

Gu Changsen grinned, "Thank you, sister-in-law." The depression just now had long disappeared.

Xu Qingli put down little Gu Changyue and walked to Gu Changlin, "You have one too, here you go."

Ten big reunion notes, one hundred yuan.

Gu Changlin took the money and smiled, "Thank you, daughter-in-law."

Xu Qingli blinked, "You're welcome."

After giving out the New Year's money, Xu Qingli went into the east room to prepare gifts for visiting relatives.

For Uncle Gu and Aunt Gu, two kilograms of egg cake, a bag of milk powder, and a bottle of canned peaches.

As for the three brothers' families, two kilograms of baked fruits and a bottle of canned peaches each.

Done.

"Let's go." Xu Qingli came out of the room carrying things.

Gu Changsen, "Sister-in-law, we locked the New Year's money in the cabinet."

"Okay." Xu Qingli was afraid that they would lose it after putting it in her pocket.

"You are here, come in quickly." Sister-in-law Gu greeted them with a smile.

On the first day of the Lunar New Year, everyone was there. Uncle Gu was still smoking on the kang, and his aunt was beside him. Several sons and daughters-in-law were sitting on the benches below.

The grandchildren stood in a row against the cabinet, and the two little granddaughters were playing on the kang. The eldest granddaughter, Gu Paner, the daughter of Gu Da Ge, followed Gu Da Ge's wife and helped to greet them.

There was a table on the ground with four plates of things on it, one plate of melon seeds, one plate of peanuts, one plate of fruit candies, and one plate of oranges.

"You are here. It must be cold. Come on the kang." When Aunt Gu saw them coming, she hurriedly got off the kang to greet them, with melon seed shells in her mouth.

Xu Qingli and Gu Changlin, "It's not cold, Auntie."

"Happy New Year to you, Changsen Changyue come over."

Here, greeting the elders means bowing to them, so Xu Qingli brought the two children to greet and bow to Uncle Gu and Aunt Gu.

"Oh, look at you."

"Come here, Auntie will give you New Year's money." Aunt Gu took out two yuan from her pocket and gave one to Changsen Changyue each.

The two children thanked her obediently, "Thank you, Auntie."

After they finished greeting, the younger uncles and aunts also came to greet them, a long line.

Xu Qingli took out a stack of money from her arms, all in one yuan.

Starting with the oldest child, Gu Paner, "Paner, you're one year older. You're seventeen this year, a big girl."

Gu Paner took the money and said, "Thank you, Fourth Aunt."