123

Chapter 123 Why aren't you pregnant yet?

The incident at the Youth Farm was just a minor incident. People said it would be over in a few days.

Now we are preparing for the New Year.

We slaughtered pigs and divided the meat. This year, Xu Qingli's family also got two kilograms of meat because Gu Changlin participated in the labor and worked in the fields.

1976 has arrived.

This year's New Year's Eve dinner was still eaten with Gu Dabo's family. The men had to drink during the New Year's Eve dinner. This only happens once a year.

The women gathered together to eat melon seeds and chat, talking about this year's harvest and the children's academic performance.

As they chatted, they talked about having children.

A young wife in their village gave birth to a son a few years ago. Xu Qingli knew who they were talking about, Liu Xiaoling, and she was the one who diagnosed her first pregnancy.

She gave birth to a son in her first pregnancy, and another son in her second pregnancy.

This means she has established a firm foothold in her husband's family.

Don't say that the three northeastern provinces do not value boys over girls, that's all from later times. In this era, let alone the three northeastern provinces, all Chinese people like sons and cherish sons.

So the daughter-in-law married in less than three years and gave birth to two sons in a row, which means she is liked by her husband's family.

When talking about this topic, everyone naturally thought of Xu Qingli. Logically, she got married half a year earlier than Liu Xiaoling!

She has been pregnant for three years.

And her belly is still quiet.

Gu Changlin passed away on the day of the wedding and returned disabled a year later. It took a year to recover. During this period, the couple certainly couldn't do that.

But last year, she recovered and was able to work on the ground. Logically, her body should be fine.

But their fourth sister-in-law's belly is still quiet.

It's impossible that they haven't had sex yet, right?

Gu's eldest aunt and the three sisters-in-law of the Gu family have thought of this problem, but they are hesitant and don't know how to bring it up.

It was still the third sister-in-law of the Gu family who spoke first, "Fourth sister-in-law, you should have a baby as soon as possible. You are young and recover quickly."

"Well, I'll have it if I'm pregnant." Xu Qingli replied with a smile.

Take people nowadays for example. They have nothing to do but stare at other people's bellies all day. If they don't get pregnant after three months of marriage, they will ask this and that. If they don't get pregnant after six months, then there is probably something wrong with their body. If they don't get pregnant after a year, they will probably be labeled as a hen that doesn't lay eggs.

It doesn't matter whether the man has a physical problem or not, anyway, it is all attributed to the woman's physical problem!

It's really hard to be a woman!

After hearing this, Auntie Gu laughed and said, "Qingli, if you have a baby, I will take care of the baby for you, so that you won't be late for work."

"That's a problem, Auntie. I will pay you when the time comes." Xu Qingli also said with a smile.