101

Chapter 101: Celebrating New Year's Eve

The custom in the north is to eat meat on New Year's Eve, and eat a lot of meat, so Xu Qingli stewed the shank bones in a big pot before going to bed.

This way, she can eat meat early tomorrow morning.

This time, she didn't put any sauce in the shank bones, just stewed them in water with a few slices of ginger and green onions, and kept the original flavor.

Speaking of shank bones, what Xu Qingli likes to eat the most is of course the bone marrow inside. Others don't know, anyway, she eats shank bones just to suck the bone marrow.

She loves to eat bone marrow!

After finishing their work, Director Lin and Xu Qingli got into the quilt and prepared to go to bed. They couldn't be lazy on New Year's Eve tomorrow.

Before going to bed, they drew the prizes for January, which were food.

【Hokkaido Double Cheesecake】

Appendix: An eight-inch cheesecake can be eaten secretly by one person for a long time.

This one cannot be shared, Xu Qingli plans to eat it secretly by herself when she goes to work.

After drawing the prize, she hugged Gu Changlin and fell asleep.

In the middle of winter, although the kang was lit and there was a charcoal basin in the room, they still slept in sweaters and trousers.

It was really cold!

On New Year's Eve, Xu Qingli and Gu Changlin got up at around six o'clock.

Not long after they got up, the two kids also got up.

Heat the pork ribs, cook the dumplings, and breakfast is ready.

Four pounds of pork ribs are not much, just seven.

One piece of bean bun was given, so there were six left, one for each person, and the remaining two pieces were shared by the four people.

After breakfast, Xu Qingli cleaned up the house and then heated water for bathing.

Compared with other people, their family was quite clean. They bathed twice a month in winter, not to mention in summer. Of course, washing their buttocks and feet was not to be mentioned. They bathed every day.

Regardless of gender, age or status, trousers must be changed every day.

Gu Changlin and Gu Changsen had short hair, so they washed their hair when they washed their faces. Xu Qingli and Gu Changyue had long hair, so they washed their hair about once every four or five days.

Xu Qingli thought their family was quite clean. At least they were very diligent in washing. Some families in the village did not bathe in the whole winter, and did not wash their hair once a month.

Head full of lice.

Aunt Gu had told her before that the house of that person was not clean, and the gaps in the quilt and mattress were full of lice. When the quilt was shaken off, the lice fell all over the floor.

Xu Qingli had never seen that scene, but it was scary just to think about it.

Fortunately, there were no lice in Uncle Gu's house. Aunt Gu and several sisters-in-law all loved to keep clean. In that family, as long as the women were clean, the men would not be much worse.

While taking a bath, Gu Changlin looked at the bathtub and said, "This bathtub is a bit small. Next year I will ask Uncle Da to make a bigger one."

It's big enough to accommodate two people.