96

Chapter 96 Farewell

Gu Paner returned home with a watermelon in her arms. When she stopped, she realized that her heart was beating very fast and her face was a little hot.

She felt that she needed to calm down and her heart was a little confused.

She gave the watermelon to Aunt Gu and went back to the house. Aunt Gu shouted from behind, "Eat the watermelon before going back!"

Xu Qingli was preparing to make beef sauce. Deng Ying was leaving tomorrow, so she had to make it today.

The beef sauce was not pure beef sauce. Xu Qingli added some mushrooms, chili peppers, and crushed peanuts.

Four pounds of beef were used to make beef sauce, and four cans of beef sauce were produced, which were canned.

Two bottles were given to Deng Ying, and two bottles were kept for themselves.

After making beef sauce, Xu Qingli made a few bottles of chili sauce. Her chili sauce was also fried. The kind fried with oil is very fragrant, not very spicy, just slightly spicy.

Two bottles of chili sauce, two bottles of beef sauce, two bottles of honey, two kinds of dried mushrooms weighing five pounds, two packs of dried beans, a pack of dried cucumber strips, a pack of radish strips, and a pack of dried fish.

That's enough!

Xu Qingli thought it was enough, at least the quantity was very impressive.

If the salted duck eggs were pickled, she could give a few salted duck eggs to Deng Ying to eat on the way, but she didn't have any at the moment.

For dinner, Xu Qingli stewed the old hen, fried an egg and stir-fried beans, three dishes, plus a candied persimmon and smashed cucumber, five in total.

Including the dessert of Tremella and Pear Soup after the meal, there were six dishes.

It was quite rich. Deng Ying and Gu Changlin did not drink alcohol, so Xu Qingli took out a few bottles of soda from the space. Gu Changlin didn't know anyway, so she said that they were bought the day before yesterday.

One bottle of soda for each of the five people.

After dinner, there was Tremella and Pear Soup before going to bed. This Tremella and Pear Soup was not the first time Xu Qingli made it. She also made it last winter, and Nagamori Nagatsuki liked it very much.

Deng Ying sighed to Gu Changlin, "Brother Changlin, you have such a good life."

Gu Changlin smiled, "Your sister-in-law said that this is how life should be."

Deng Ying, "Most people can't afford it."

He said, "Brother Changlin, your leg is healed, do you have to work in the fields next year?"

Gu Changlin nodded, "Yes."

In fact, in addition to working in the fields, he also wants to do some side jobs.

But the side job has not been decided yet.

Deng Ying said, "Working in the fields is very hard."

Gu Changlin, "It's okay, you will get used to it after a few days."

The two chatted for a while and then fell asleep. Tomorrow Deng Ying has to get up early to catch the car.

The next day Xu Qingli made noodles for him. After the dried noodles were gone, he just rolled noodles by hand.

Dumplings for welcoming guests and noodles for seeing off guests. Dumplings for welcoming guests express the welcome of guests and the feeling of reunion, while noodles for seeing off guests express the farewell of guests and the wish for a long-lasting friendship.

There is also a saying that people used to eat coarse grains and only had white flour during the New Year and other festivals, but if there were guests, they would definitely have a meal of white flour to show their hospitality.

Xu Qingli is more inclined to this saying. In that era, dumplings were good things, with both fine grains and meat.

So were noodles, so when there were guests at home, people could only use the best food at home, white flour, to entertain them.

The salted noodles were the chicken soup that Xu Qingli had specially left last night. Just beat a few eggs in it. The chicken soup noodles were very delicious.

Of course, you can also add beef sauce to it.

However, Deng Ying and Gu Changlin prefer the original flavor. Xu Qingli added beef sauce to it and it tasted good!

Deng Ying was leaving, and Xu Qingli couldn't send him off, so she asked Brother Gu to ride his bicycle to send him to the county.

Not long after they finished eating, Brother Gu came over. Xu Qingli asked, "Brother, have you eaten?"

Brother Gu, "Yes, I have. Your sister-in-law made it early in the morning."

"Okay."

Parting is always hard. Brother Gu, Lin and Deng Ying held hands and talked for a long time. Xu Qingli went into the house and took out the prepared package and put it in Deng Ying's bag, "Some local specialties, Deng Ying, take it home to eat."

"Thank you, sister-in-law."

"Brother Changlin and sister-in-law, if you have the opportunity to go to the capital, you must come to see me."

Both Lin and Xu Qingli nodded, "Yes, yes, be careful on the road."

Deng Ying left.

The few people started their pickling business again. Fortunately, there were still two days of vacation.

Deng Ying thought that his brother Changlin and his wife gave him some local specialties, and he was tired after sitting in the car all night, so he fell asleep on the bed when he got home.

He didn't care about the contents of the package.

He didn't know until his brother and sister-in-law came back and opened the package.

Deng Han, the younger sister, looked at the pile of things and said to Deng Ying, "Brother, you went to your comrade's house and moved everything here? So many things!"

Deng Jie, the younger brother, also said, "This is meat sauce, chili sauce, honey, and several bags of mushrooms, dried beans, radishes, and dried fish!"

Deng Ying had a good sleep and was more energetic. He washed his face and came over, saying in surprise, "Sister-in-law packed so many things for me."

"Brother, what kind of sauce is this?"

"It doesn't taste like pork." Deng Han, the younger sister, directly unscrewed the bottle cap and took a small spoon to taste it.

Deng Ying said, "It's beef sauce. I watched it being made."

But he didn't expect that the beef sauce was made for him.

Deng Han's eyes lit up, "Beef sauce, great! I won't cook in the afternoon, just beef sauce with steamed buns."

Deng Jie went straight into the kitchen and took a steamed bun, dipped it in the sauce and ate it, "Brother, brother, this sauce is delicious."

"And honey."

Deng Han put the two bottles of honey in front of Deng Ying. The honey jar was quite big, and each bottle was estimated to be two kilograms.

Deng Ying said, "One bottle for you to drink, and one bottle for the New Year to entertain relatives."

When the relatives came, it would be great to pour them a glass of honey water.

[I can't stand it anymore, I want to sleep!]