Lost Love❤

Gautami tugged her suitcase behind her as she navigated through the crowded airport, her mind swirling with memories.

She had not been back to her hometown in over a decade, and the thought of seeing familiar faces filled her with a mix of excitement and anxiety. She pulled out her phone, checking the time. Her ride would be here soon.

Suddenly, she heard a familiar laugh. Turning quickly, her eyes widened in disbelief. There he was, Abhyudaya, her childhood best friend and the boy she had loved so dearly. He stood near a coffee shop, looking as handsome as ever but older, more mature.

With a racing heart, she walked over to him, the years apart falling away as she anticipated their reunion. "Abhyudaya?" She called softly.

He turned to her, his expression polite but blank. "Yes?"

The world seemed to tilt. How could he not remember her? Her eyes searched his face for any sign of recognition, but there was none. "It's me, Gautami."

He hesitated, his brow furrowing. "Gautami...I am sorry, but do we know each other?"

Her heart shattered at his words. Tears welled up in her eyes, and she quickly turned away, not wanting him to see her pain. "Never mind," she whispered. "It's okay."

She walked away, leaving Abhyudaya standing there, confused and a bit concerned. The rest of her journey home was a blur, her mind replaying the painful encounter over and over.

When she finally arrived at her house, she unlocked the door with a heavy heart. She did not notice the subtle changes in the living room, her mind too preoccupied. But when she opened the door to her bedroom, she froze.

The room was dimly lit, bathed in the soft glow of candles. Balloons floated gently near the ceiling and rose petals were scattered across the floor, creating a path to her bed. As she took a step inside, the lights suddenly flickered on.

There, kneeling on one knee in the center of the room, was Abhyudaya, holding a ring in his hand and smiling up at her. "Surprise Gautami."

Tears spilled over her cheeks again, but this time they were tears of joy and astonishment. "Abhyudaya, you....you remember?"

He nodded, his eyes softening with affection. "Of course I remember. I never forgot you. I wanted to surprise you. I wanted to make sure you knew how much you mean to me. I was just pretending at the airport."

Gautami covered her mouth with her hands, overwhelmed by emotion. "You....you scared me. I thought you really did not remember me."

Abhyudaya stood up, stepping closer to her. "I am sorry, I did not mean to hurt you. I just wanted this moment to be perfect. But how could I forget you? I missed you the most all these years and wished so bad to meet you. Your warmth and love brought me back home and now, it truly feels like home seeing you."

She looked at him, her eyes shining with love. "It is perfect Abhyudaya. It is more than perfect. My home is finally back to me."

He took her hand, slipping the ring onto her finger. "Gautami, my love, will you marry me?"

She laughed through her tears, nodding eagerly. "Yes, yes, a thousand times yes!"

Abhyudaya pulled her into his arms, their reunion sealed with a kiss that promised a future together filled with love, memories and newfound beginnings.

The end☺🌼

More oneshots coming soon, stay tuned🌸🤗

-Moonlight✨🎀