Heartwarming

Anshika stood in front of the mirror, adjusting her earrings and smoothing down her dress. The excitement of their first wedding anniversary had her smiling all day.

Her husband Nischay had promised to take her out for dinner, and she had been looking forward to it for weeks.

Nischay entered the room, fastening his watch. "You look stunning Anshika," he said, his eyes full of admiration.

Anshika blushed. "Thank you Nischay. I am so excited for tonight."

Nischay kissed her forehead gently. "Me too. I have been looking forward to this all week."

Just as they were about to leave, Nischay's phone rang. He glanced at the caller ID and sighed. "It is the hospital. I have to take this."

Anshika nodded, her heart sinking a little. She watched as he answered the call, his expression growing serious.

"Yes, Dr. Sharma here. I understand....I will be there right away," Nischay said, hanging up the phone with a heavy sigh. "I am so sorry, Anshika. There is an emergency and they need me at the hospital."

Anshika forced a smile, hiding her disappointment. "It is okay Nischay. I understand. Your patients need you."

Nischay hugged her tightly. "I will make it up to you, I promise. I love you so much Anshika."

"I love you too Nischay," she replied, her voice soft.

After he left, Anshika sat down on the couch, feeling a wave of sadness wash over her. But then she took a deep breath, reminding herself how much Nischay loved her and how hard he worked.

Determined to make the evening special for both of them, Anshika got to work. She decorated the living room with rose petals and balloons, setting the table with their favorite dishes and lighting candles. She wanted to create a warm and welcoming atmosphere for when Nischay returned.

Hours later, the door opened, and Nischay walked in looking exhausted. His eyes widened in surprise as he took in the beautifully decorated room.

"Anshika, this is....amazing," he said, his voice filled with emotion.

Anshika walked over to him, wrapping her arms around his neck. "I know you had to work, Nischay. But I wanted to make sure our anniversary was still special."

Nischay hugged her tightly, his eyes glistening with tears. "I am so lucky to have you Anshika. Thank you for understanding and for always being there for me."

She smiled up at him. "We are in this together Nischay. Now, let us enjoy our evening."

They spent the rest of the night talking, laughing and reminiscing about their journey together. Despite the earlier disappointment, their love and understanding made the evening unforgettable.

The end☺🌼

One last thing: A surprise for you all!! The female lead in this oneshot Anshika is the main character of my future ff on Nischay bhaiya!! That ff will be published after I am done with my current one Humari Kahaani, so stay tuned!!🥳💫

More oneshots coming soon, stay tuned🌸🤗

-Moonlight✨🎀