Reconciliation💗

Nischay stood by the window, watching the rain drizzle down the glass. The rhythmic tapping of droplets mirrored the turmoil inside him.

He had not seen his love Parinaaz in six months since their breakup. The memory of their last fight was still fresh—words hurled in anger, misunderstandings piling up and the bitter silence that followed.

He was jolted from his thoughts by the sound of his phone ringing. It was an unknown number, but something made him answer it.

"Hello?" He said cautiously.

"Nischay, it is me Parinaaz," came the familiar voice on the other end. There was a pause before she continued, "Can we meet? There is something we need to talk about."

His heart skipped a beat. "Sure Parinaaz. Where?"

"How about the old café, the one by the lake?" She suggested.

"I will be there in an hour," Nischay replied, his voice steady despite the storm brewing inside him.

An hour later, Nischay arrived at the café. The place was almost empty, just as he remembered. He saw Parinaaz sitting by the window, her fingers wrapped around a cup of coffee. She looked up as he entered, a hesitant smile playing on her lips.

"Nischay," she greeted softly.

"Parinaaz," he nodded, sitting opposite her. There was an awkward silence, both unsure of how to begin.

She took a deep breath. "I have been doing a lot of thinking, Nischay. About us, about what went wrong."

"Me too," he admitted. "I have replayed that day in my head a thousand times, wondering what I could have done differently."

Her eyes softened. "I know we both made mistakes. I was stubborn and did not listen to your side of things."

"And I was too proud to admit when I was wrong," he added. "But I have realized that none of it matters more than you do, Parinaaz."

She looked out at the lake, her eyes glistening. "I missed you Nischay. Every day. But I was scared to reach out, afraid that maybe you had moved on."

Nischay reached across the table, gently taking her hand. "I could never move on from you. You are a part of me Parinaaz. We had something special, something worth fighting for."

Her fingers tightened around his. "Do you think we can start over? Put the past behind us and try again?"

He smiled, a genuine, heartfelt smile that reached his eyes. "I believe we can. We are stronger now, wiser. And we know what we stand to lose if we let go."

She nodded, her own smile mirroring his. "Then let us do it. Let us fight. For not just one another but for us Nischay. Together."

They sat there for hours, talking, laughing and rediscovering the love they thought they had lost. The rain outside continued to fall, but inside, they were building a new foundation, one of understanding, forgiveness and a lifelong, heartfelt promise to never give up on each other.

As they left the café, hand in hand, Nischay felt a sense of peace wash over him. They had reconciled, not just with each other but with themselves. And in that moment, he knew that no matter what challenges lay ahead, they would face them together, stronger and more in love than ever before.

The end☺🌼

More oneshots coming soon, stay tuned🌸🤗

-Moonlight✨🎀