Is It Too Late?- Part One

The airport was bustling with activity as Gautami approached the check-in counter. Her heart pounded with a mix of excitement and nerves.

She was moments away from embarking on a new chapter in her life, studying psychology abroad.

"Good morning mam. May I see your passport and boarding pass?" The attendant at the counter asked with a polite smile.

Gautami handed over her documents, trying to keep her emotions in check. As the attendant scanned her boarding pass, a familiar voice rang out, slicing through the noise of the airport.

"Gautami! Wait!"

She turned around, her eyes widening in surprise as she saw Abhyudaya running towards her. The look of desperation on his face was unmistakable. He reached her, slightly out of breath.

"Abhyudaya? What are you doing here?" She asked, her voice a mixture of shock and confusion.

"Please Gautami. Just listen to me once," he pleaded, his eyes searching hers. "I know I owe you an explanation."

The attendant, sensing the urgency, handed back Gautami's documents and motioned for her to step aside. "You can speak here mam, but please be quick. The flight is boarding soon."

Gautami nodded, leading Abhyudaya to a quieter corner. "You have two minutes," she said, crossing her arms defensively. "Make it count."

Abhyudaya took a deep breath. "Gautami, I know I hurt you. I know I pulled away without any explanation, and I am so sorry for that. The truth is, I was scared. Scared of how much I loved you, scared of disappointing you along with a constant fear of losing you. I was scared of what it meant for our future. I thought distancing myself would be easier than facing my feelings."

"Scared?" Gautami echoed, her eyes filling with tears. "You broke my heart Abhyudaya. We were so happy, and then you just...disappeared."

"I know, and I hate myself for it," he said, his voice breaking. "But I realized something. I could not let you leave without telling you that I still love you. I always have and I always will. I was a coward but I am here now, and I want to make things right."

Gautami's heart ached as she looked into his eyes. "Abhyudaya, I am leaving. I am going abroad to study, to start a new life. How can I trust you again after all that happened?"

He took her hands in his, holding them tightly. "I know it is a lot to ask, but please give me another chance. Let me prove to you that I have changed. I will wait for you, however long it takes. Just do not leave without knowing that I love you more than anything. I will not stop you because I know how important this is for your future and I do not want to spoil it for you."

Tears streamed down Gautami's face as she wrestled with her emotions. She had loved him deeply once and a part of her still did. But the pain of his abandonment was fresh, and the future  was uncertain.

"Flight 102 to London is now boarding," the announcement echoed through the terminal.

She took a deep breath, pulling her hands away from his. "I need to go, Abhyudaya. I need to do this for myself. But....thank you for telling me. For being honest at least though it was not really the ideal time. It means a lot."

Abhyudaya's eyes were filled with sorrow, but he nodded. "I understand. Just....remember that I love you. Always."

With a final lingering look, Gautami turned and walked towards the boarding gate, her heart heavy yet hopeful. As she handed over her boarding pass and stepped onto the plane, she could not help but glance back one last time. Abhyudaya stood there, watching her with a mixture of sadness and love.

As the plane took off, Gautami stared out the window, her mind swirling with thoughts of what could have been and what lay ahead. She was stepping into the unknown but she carried with her the knowledge that she was loved, deeply and truly by the boy who had once been her best friend.

Stay tuned for Pt.2☺🌼

-Moonlight✨🎀