Until I Found You❤

Nischay walked into the dimly lit apartment, the silence echoing around him. It was another late night at the office, and he felt the weight of the day's stress pressing on his shoulders.

He set his briefcase down gently, trying not to make too much noise. As he moved towards the bedroom, he saw Y/n lying on the bed, her face serene in the soft glow of the bedside lamp.

She looked so peaceful, as if she had fallen asleep waiting for him. His heart ached seeing her like this. Despite the cold distance he had maintained, he could not deny the warmth she had brought into his life.

He approached the bed quietly, sitting down beside her. His hand reached out almost on its own, caressing her forehead gently.

As his fingers brushed against her skin, her eyes fluttered open. She looked at him, surprise mingling with the remnants of sleep in her gaze.

"Nischay?" She murmured, her voice soft and filled with confusion.

"I am sorry, Y/n. I did not mean to wake you," he whispered, pulling his hand back.

She sat up slowly, blinking to clear her vision. "It is okay. I was waiting for you. I must have fallen asleep."

There was an awkward silence between them, the unspoken words hanging heavily in the air. Y/n looked down at her hands, trying to muster the courage to speak.

"Nischay, why do you always come home so late? Do you...do you not want to be here with me?" Her voice trembled slightly, betraying the hurt she had been keeping inside.

He sighed, running a hand through his hair. "It is not that, Y/n. Work has been demanding and I guess I have been using it as an excuse to avoid facing my feelings."

She looked up, her eyes glistening with unshed tears. "Do you even love me Nischay? Because it feels like you do not."

His heart broke seeing her like this. He reached out, taking her hands in his. "Y/n, I am sorry. I have been so distant and cold and you did not deserve that. The truth is, I have been scared."

"Scared?" She echoed, confusion and hope warring in her eyes.

"Scared of how much I love you," he confessed, his voice shaking. "I have been so afraid of losing you that I tried to protect myself by keeping my distance. But I realize now that all I have done is hurt you."

A tear slid down her cheek, and she wiped it away quickly. "Nischay, I love you so much. I have been waiting for you to open up to me, to let me in you."

He pulled her into a tight embrace, holding her as if he would never let go. "I love you, Y/n. More than anything. I am so sorry for making you doubt my love which I hold and feel for you."

She clung to him, her tears soaking into his shirt. "I love you too Nischay. I just want us to be happy together."

He pulled back slightly, looking into her eyes. "Let us start over Y/n. Tomorrow evening, let us go out. Just the two of us. Let us make it special together."

She nodded, a smile breaking through her tears. "I would love that."

The next evening, Nischay planned a surprise for Y/n. He took her to the restaurant where they had their first date. It was a cozy little place with candlelit tables and soft music playing in the background.

As they sat down, Nischay reached across the table, taking her hand in his. "Y/n, I want to make a promise to you tonight. I promise to always be honest with you, to share my feelings and fears, and to never let my love for you be overshadowed by my insecurities."

She squeezed his hand, her eyes shining with happiness. "And I promise to always be there for you, to support you, and to love you with all my heart."

They leaned across the table, sharing a tender kiss that sealed their promises. That night, under the soft glow of the restaurant lights, they found their way back to each other, their love stronger and more resilient than ever before.

The end☺🌼

More oneshots coming soon, stay tuned🌸🤗

-Moonlight✨🎀