Unbreakable Bonds

Navya is pacing in the hospital corridor, her face pale with worry. Nischay arrives hurriedly, concern etched on his face.

Nischay: Navya, how is your mom?

Navya (her voice trembles): She is in critical condition. They just took her into surgery. I am so scared Nischay.

Nischay (wraps his arm around her): Auntie is in the best hands Navya. Your mom is strong, and so are you.

Navya (sighs): I do not know what I would do without you here. Thank you for coming.

Nischay (in a soft voice): You do not have to thank me. I am always here for you, no matter what.

~~~☆~~~

Nischay and Navya are sitting in the waiting room. Navya's father, Mr. Kapoor is talking to the doctor nearby. Nischay holds Navya's hand, offering silent support.

Navya: Nischay, what if something ends up happening to her? I do not think I can handle it.

Nischay (gently squeezes her hand): Do not think about the worst, Navya. Think about the good times, about her strength. She is going to pull through this. I know it and so should you.

Navya (nods): You are right. I need to be strong for her. She has always been there for me.

Nischay: And now you have to be there for her, just like I am here for you.

~~~☆~~~

The doctor approaches with an exhausted but hopeful expression. Navya and Mr. Kapoor stand up immediately.

Doctor: The surgery was successful. Mrs. Kapoor is stable, but she will need time to recover.

Navya (with tears of relief): Thank you, doctor. Thank you so much.

Mr. Kapoor (pats Navya's shoulder): My wife is a fighter, just like her daughter.

Nischay (smiles): I knew she would make it through.

Navya (hugs Nischay): I could not have gotten through this without you.

~~~☆~~~

Days pass, and Mrs. Kapoor is slowly recovering. Nischay visits the hospital every day, bringing food and support for Navya and her father.

Navya (sitting by her mother's bedside): Mom is looking better today. The doctors say she might be able to go home soon.

Nischay (hands her over a cup of coffee): That is great news Navya. You have been so strong through all of this.

Navya: Only because you were here. I do not know how to thank you.

Nischay (smiles): You do not need to thank me. Friends are supposed to be there for each other, right?

Navya (her eyes well up with tears): You are more than a friend Nischay. You are family. A close part of my family.

~~~☆~~~

Mrs. Kapoor is finally discharged from the hospital. Navya, Mr. Kapoor and Nischay help her settle back at home.

Mrs. Kapoor (smiles weakly): Thank you Nischay. You have been such a great help to Navya and our family.

Nischay: It was nothing Auntie and you do not need to thank me. I wanted to be there for you and for Navya and I am glad to see you doing better.

Navya (hugs her mother): We are so happy to have you back home Mom.

Mr. Kapoor (shakes Nischay's hand): We are very grateful to you Nischay. Thank you for everything and for being by our side at all times beta.

Nischay: I just did what anyone would do for someone they care about.

~~~☆~~~

Nischay and Navya are sitting on the porch, watching the sunset. Mrs. Kapoor is resting inside and Mr. Kapoor is preparing dinner.

Navya: I have been thinking a lot about everything that has happened. You were my strength when I had none.

Nischay (looks at her): And you have shown me what true resilience looks like Navya.

Navya (smiles): I could not have done it without you. Our bond is unbreakable.

Nischay (smiles back): And our bond always will be. No matter what life throws at us, we will face it together.

~~~☆~~~

Their friendship, tested by adversity, emerges stronger and more resilient. Nischay and Navya's bond, rooted in unwavering support and deep affection stands as a testament to the power of true friendship.

The end☺🌼

More oneshots coming soon, stay tuned🌸🤗

-Moonlight✨🎀