Infuriating | Hwang Hyunjin 🌶️

🌶️🌶️

***

You and Hyunjin had barely exchanged civil words since you arrived at the quaint Airbnb cabin, nestled in the mountains

You and Hyunjin had barely exchanged civil words since you arrived at the quaint Airbnb cabin, nestled in the mountains. What was meant to be a relaxing vacation with Bang Chan and your best friend had quickly turned into a battlefield. You did not know why you agreed to come. You hated Hyunjin.

But Chan was bringing him along on vacation, so your best friend begged you to also come, so that it wouldn't be awkward for Hyunjin to third wheel the couple vacations. Every interaction with Hyunjin seemed to ignite a spark, and today, it felt like that spark had become a full-blown flame.

The day had started off innocently enough. The four of you had set out for a morning hike, before you arrived at the Airbnb, which quickly turned into a series of snipes and barbed comments between you and Hyunjin. You tried to focus on the beautiful scenery—the lush green trees, the clear blue sky—but every time you glanced at him, you felt that familiar surge of irritation.

By the time you came to a restaurant for lunch, the tension between you and Hyunjin was almost palpable. Your best friend and Chan tried to mediate, offering hopeful suggestions and light-hearted jokes to lighten the mood. But their efforts were in vain.

The more they tried, the more it seemed to escalate. The worst part was that despite the bickering, you were both determined not to back down. You each had a pride that made admitting defeat—or even compromise—seem like a distant dream.

When evening rolled around, the situation took another turn for the worse. The cabin, though charming, was small and rustic, with only two bedrooms. Chan and your best friend had claimed the first one, leaving you and Hyunjin to share the second.

The cramped space didn't help the situation. As soon as the door to the bedroom closed behind you, you could feel the heat of another argument simmering between you.

You're seething, your mind a whirlwind of anger and frustration. All day, you've been putting up with Hyunjin's snide remarks and passive-aggressive jabs. Every time you think you've reached your limit, he finds a way to push you even further.

"God, you're such a child!" you shout, whipping around to face him as he follows you into the room, closing the door with a much softer click.

"I'm a child?" Hyunjin scoffs, his expression mocking as he leans casually against the wall, arms crossed over his chest. "You're the one throwing a tantrum because you can't handle a little teasing."

"Teasing?" You laugh bitterly, the sound harsh and loud in the small room. "You've been antagonizing me all day, Hyunjin. Ever since we got here, you've made it your mission to make this trip unbearable."

He rolls his eyes, the motion exaggerated and dripping with sarcasm. "Oh, please. If I wanted to make this trip unbearable, you'd know it."

You take a step closer to him, your fists clenching at your sides. "What is your problem with me? Why do you always have to make everything so difficult?"