Little Things | Han Jisung

Author's note: I was a huge One Direction Fan in the past so I couldn't hold back here 💀 Also, all my Han One Shots are kind of my favourite? And I have like 10 drafts already and it's so hard to not post them all at once 🥲 Anyway, let's get started, I hope you enjoy!

***

Han Jisung was known for his soul-stirring sad songs, the kind that tugged at your heartstrings and left a lingering melancholy long after the music stopped

Han Jisung was known for his soul-stirring sad songs, the kind that tugged at your heartstrings and left a lingering melancholy long after the music stopped. As his best friend, you often teased him about it, calling him "The King of Sad Tunes," but he liked the title. After all, his songs were authentic, a reflection of the emotions he carried within. But lately, something had changed. The melodies he showed you were lighter, the lyrics sprinkled with joy and affection. You noticed immediately that something was different. You two had been friends for years, sharing everything from late-night snack runs to deep, heartfelt conversations. So when his music shifted, you were both curious and a little worried.

One evening, as you sat in his room, you couldn't hold back any longer. "Hannie, what's going on with your music lately?" you asked. He looked up from his notebook, eyebrows raised.

"What do you mean?" he questioned, continuing to scribble words into the book.

"You know exactly what I mean," you said, playfully nudging him with your foot. "Normally you write songs as if you are divorced four times. But now you've been writing love songs. And not just one or two. It's like a whole album's worth."

Jisung chuckled nervously, running his hand through his hair, which looked incredibly fluffy today. "Oh, that. Yeah, I guess I've been in a different mood lately," he mumbled, looking everywhere but at you.

You tilted your head, studying his face. "And what brought on this sudden change in mood? Did something happen?" you asked curiously.

He hesitated, his fingers tapping rhythmically on his notebook. "Well, I guess I realized something," he said.

You took a deep breath. "Come on, Jisung, spill it. Who is she?" you teased, though a part of you felt a pang of jealousy at the thought of Jisung liking someone else. You knew that the day would come when he found a girl and you would have to let him go. But deep down, you always had hoped that it would be you. That dream was over now.

Jisung sighed, setting his notebook aside. "It's not that simple, y/n," he mumbled.

You put on a fake smile. "Why not? It's just a crush, right? How complicated can it be?" you asked.

He shook his head. "I will get over it. Don't worry," he mumbled.

Your eyes met for a moment, and you pressed your lips together in a thin line. As much as it hurt you, you wanted him to be happy, so you would go out of your way to help him with this girl. "Look, I don't know who that lucky girl is, but you should tell her. You're such a great, funny, and caring person. She deserves to be with you," you mumbled, taking his hand in yours.