Snowflakes and Smiles | Lee Know

You woke up early that morning to the sound of your phone ringing

You woke up early that morning to the sound of your phone ringing. Groaning, you reached over and answered it. "Yes?" you mumbled, still half-asleep.

"Hey, y/n, just wanted to tell you that we're not opening today. You don't need to come in," said your manager's voice on the other end.

You rubbed your eyes, now a little more awake. "What? Why?"

"Are you still asleep? There was a massive snowstorm last night, and it's still snowing," he explained.

"Oh, okay," you replied, hanging up. You walked to your window and opened the blinds. Everything outside was covered in a thick blanket of snow, and not a single soul was out. Sighing, you decided to get comfortable again, making breakfast and settling into the silence of your apartment.

The silence was interrupted by a knock at your door. With a sigh, you stood up and opened it, revealing your neighbor, Minho. He stood there grinning like an idiot, bundled up in a thick coat, scarf, and gloves.

"What's up?" you asked, letting him in. Minho had moved in a few months ago, and the two of you had quickly become friends. Not that you'd admit it, but you had a huge crush on him.

"I can't go to work today. We're snowed in!" he said happily.

"What's that supposed to mean, Minho?" you asked, amused.

"Do you want to go outside and build a snowman?" he asked, his eyes twinkling with excitement.

You giggled at his enthusiasm. Sometimes he was so serious, and other times he was just silly. "Give me a minute to change into something warmer," you said, heading to your bedroom to get ready. Soon enough, you were bundled up as well, and the two of you headed outside, Minho bringing a sled with him.

You started by building a snowman together, laughing and joking as you worked. The fun quickly escalated into a snowball fight, with Minho eventually tackling you into the snow.

"Got you!" he laughed, pinning you down.

You needed to turn the game around somehow. "Oww!" you cried out.

Minho's expression changed instantly. "What's wrong? Did I hurt you?" he asked, his voice full of concern.

You grinned mischievously and flipped him over so that he was on the ground and you were on top, smashing a handful of snow into his face. He screamed, more from surprise than anything else.

"You should run for your life now, y/n. I swear I will bring you to a really cold end!" he threatened playfully.

You giggled and jumped up, running away as fast as you could, with Minho right on your heels. You spent the rest of the day playing in the snow like children, sledding down the hill, and building snow forts until you were both soaked and hungry.

"Let's go inside and order takeout," Minho suggested as you sled down the hill together one last time.

You nodded, and the two of you headed back inside. You quickly changed into some dry clothes he offered you, despite your protests that you could just go downstairs to your own apartment to change. He insisted, handing you a pair of his sweatpants and a hoodie.

Finally, you both ended up on the living room floor, takeout boxes spread out on the carpet around you, sharing everything you'd ordered. Minho sighed contentedly and lay back on the floor.

"I'm so full," he said happily.

You lay down next to him, crossing your hands on your stomach. "Me too," you mumbled. It was quiet for a moment, the only sound being the soft patter of his cats' paws as they played nearby.

"Minho?" you mumbled after a while.

He opened his eyes and turned his head towards you. "Yes?" he asked, slowly turning on his side so that he could look at you better.

You mimicked him, facing him. "I had a really nice day today. Thank you," you said softly.

He smiled a little. "Me too," he finally said, his eyes warm and sincere. "I really like spending time with you."

Your heart skipped a beat, and you felt a rush of warmth despite the chill of the day. "I like spending time with you too," you admitted.

Minho's smile widened, and for a moment, you both just looked at each other, the air between you filled with unspoken feelings. He reached out and gently took your hand, his thumb brushing softly against your skin. You squeezed his hand in return, feeling a sense of contentment wash over you.

"Hey, y/n?" Minho said, his voice barely above a whisper.

"Yeah?" you replied, your heart pounding in your chest.

"I know it's kind of sudden, but... would you like to go out with me sometime? Like, on a real date?" he asked, his eyes searching yours.

You felt a smile spread across your face. "I'd love that," you said, your voice full of warmth.

Minho's smile lit up the room, and he gently pulled you closer. The two of you lay there, hand in hand, basking in the afterglow of a perfect snow day and the promise of something more.